What are your plans given leaked flagship images?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
At point, either stick with the L830 for awhile more, go back to a L930, or make the jump to a L1520.

This ^^ not quite impressed with the overall looks of the new phones, and if pricing is overwhelming, I'll probably just jump to the 930 as it can and should be able to handle w10

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The phones don't look good, but there's really no other choice. Apple's not ever getting a penny of my money, never in a million years. I tried Android and don't like it. I have no faith in another OEM to not butcher hardware, given what's come out of HTC and Samsung in the recent past. So, I'll have to settle for sub-par aesthetics to get a passable OS (given how much of a step back my W10M experience has been from WP8).

Joe Dubya

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
See how much they cost, and how they look in person.

At point, either stick with the L830 for awhile more, go back to a L930, or make the jump to a L1520.

One thing I don't think I'll do is start rants here about how awful they are and how disappointed I am. When I left Android for Windows, I didn't make any big announcements on the Android forum - I just left.

great thing about these new phones is those 930s and 1520s will be super cheap, a viable option as a placeholder vs. my current L830 - probably shoulda picked one of those up a year ago.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I jumped ship recently after 5 years of windows phones and at the moment am using a Samsung Galaxy S6 but after about 6 weeks of Android i have had enough and am looking at going back to WP however i personally think the 950 in blue looks quite nice but i am not sure i want to wait another 3 or 4 months to get one so i am thinking of going for the 640xl

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

The S6 is a nice looking device, I have the Edge. but in all truthfulness android and touch wiz just kill this phone. Always slowing down, choppy apps like twitter, facebook and Instagram all of which have very poor scrolling, and many other apps. The battery life is just terrible, cant even do a day with moderate use without charging it.

Now if the S6 had windows Mobile 10 on it, now that would be a killer device.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
great thing about these new phones is those 930s and 1520s will be super cheap, a viable option as a placeholder vs. my current L830 - probably shoulda picked one of those up a year ago.

I certainly have no crystal ball, but I wonder if the flagships are underwhelming, and the carriers drop subsidies, if the 1520 and 930 night actually hold their values.

Part of me is tempted to horde these things, just in case.:wink:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The S6 is a nice looking device, I have the Edge. but in all truthfulness android and touch wiz just kill this phone. Always slowing down, choppy apps like twitter, facebook and Instagram all of which have very poor scrolling, and many other apps. The battery life is just terrible, cant even do a day with moderate use without charging it.

Now if the S6 had windows Mobile 10 on it, now that would be a killer device.

Or you could root :p

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a refurb 1520 off of eBay because I was so disappointed in the new flagships. Paul Thurrott said the cameras in Cityman/Talkman are probably the same modules from Icon/1520 anyways.

I absolutely hate the on-screen navigation buttons in the new phones. I know it sounds petty, but the combination of that plus the boring design makes Cityman/Talkman a no go for me.

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm really disappointed with windows 10 and I'm considering an iPhone

I have a 6 Plus, and while I do like the phone, I regret buying it. Not only is my phone curved from being in my front pocket all the time, I now have a large dent in the back upper half of it. I guess I leaned too hard against something, but I have no idea when.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
After two years with WP and Lumia 925. I'm really disappointed with windows 10 and I'm considering an iPhone

Nothing says you have to jump into WP10. You could always buy something like a 640, which is a great phone for peanuts, and stick with Denim.

I myself am not sure when I will commit to 10. It will have to happen at some point, but I may wait a bit more. I've installed it on a few phones over various builds, just to play around a bit. I have a 635 now that I may do that with for grins and giggles. I have not updated my Surface yet, but will do that for sure before the end of the year.

Anyways - there are plenty of great phones available that are an upgrade to a 925 that don't force you to WP 10.

luisfarelo

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
On which device? which build did you try? and what was so bad about it?

You don't have to answer, im just a curious person :)

Lumia 535. Build 10532. Did the hard reset with no backup. Performance was terrible, something like Android 2.3. Lots of bugs. Mail didn't work. Inconsistent and confusing design, not simple like on 8.1. Went back to Denim, and the Lumia 535 performs like a champ. Doubt w10 mobile will be ready for primetime in a year, let alone in a month. We have to remember 90% of WP market share is composed of low cost handsets like the 535, and W10 just doesn't go with it.

Tiago Miguel

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
For me I dont see any reason to say that phones were design by nokia...its a nonsense and trying to excuse somehow, someway, responsabilities from microsoft...you know what else was design by nokia? Mclaren - canceled, smartwatch - canceled, why? Because they took a gap year on devices to rethink strategies and make a come back with future knowledge from Nokia and MSFT together with optimized devices and a proper flagship phone , leaks come out and people start with the "Nokia designs"?! I mean I don't want to sound mad but it's not funny anymore...samsung hired the apple design guy and 6 months later the design comes completely changed and MSFT skips a flagship lunch to put their stuff together and when it launched people come with Nokia excuses? xD besides, the Porsche comparison it's completely true and it's note since yesterday so MSFT should know this by now and focus on the design of the phone...people eat with eyes first...then comes the flavour...if the dish doesn't look nice they don't taste it, unless everyone around says its marvelous but hey, everyone around brags apple or android so this should've been a lesson learned...
I'm gonna buy the s6 edge plus since not only my eyes love but so the taste is out of this world...dont like google but oh well, no such thing as perfect device...ill see in the next year...

Last edited by a moderator:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Seems weird to have a survey that excludes the majority of current Windows Phone users from voting.

For example: I have a 1520.3 and will replace it with 950XL. My wife has a 640 and will replace it. My father's wife has a 521 and will replace it.

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
If the camera is better than 930 (which is likely, look at that bulge), then I'm getting the 950. I just hope the real thing will look better on hand than the images.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Seems weird to have a survey that excludes the majority of current Windows Phone users from voting.

Forum Polls and Methodology turn their heads away from each other and refuse to acknowledge one another...

Otherwise the fun would be ruined and we would get statistically relevant results. No one wants that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99