What are your plans given leaked flagship images?

OwenDL

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Would like to stay with Windows, especially Win10 Mobile, but would definitely not buy Cityman/Talkman if those renders are accurate. Would hold out for a Surface phone or perhaps buy another Icon in white.

I just hope Microsoft provides a style for everyone. Obviously some people like the Cityman/Talkman renders and some people don't.... But if they want to really make Windows Phone a success, they can't just cater to one side.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I have been a hardcore WP user for a while. I obsessed over my brother's Focus and bought the Focus S day one. Got the Lumia 900, 920, and now 1520.

With that said, I'm putting my fanboyism aside. I am just going to enjoy technology. I'm getting an iPhone 6s plus, and have an iPad air 2 coming in tomorrow. I plan to use Microsoft services on iOS. I can't wait for Cortana to be released.

My acer s7 I happily rocking W10!

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Not so much planning or staying, but waiting to be won back from Android. For now I'm waiting on the OS to garner more apps, and mature more solidly. I'm quite happy with my MS apps on my LG G3.

anon(5518418)

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm only with Windows phone due to the bang for the buck you get. Cheap android phones are just terrible to use. In saying that even expensive android phones are terrible to use (Had an S5). These phones will likely be priced the same as iPhones, if I had the money why would I buy one of these over an iPhone? I wouldn't, and I don't think many people will. Now if they are priced reasonably I might but I'm pretty sure they won't be.

tohoshinki

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I jumped ship already. Microsoft services rock regardless of what platform you use so im not missing anything.

Fingers crossed that at least one of the rumored Acer windows phones are decently specced.
Ive been really impressed with their windows 8.1 tablets. If they can offer that same bang for your buck with a windows 10 phone, then i'll take that in a heartbeat over the new 950.

Windows 10 Mobile looks to be a good OS, and im looking forward to the Android app compatibility, but these new microsoft lumias are so ugly. I thought the 930 was rather bland looking, but at least that had some polish. These renders make the 950 look like a cross between a Micromax and a Lumia 640....

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I have been a fan (not ******, but fan) of Windows Phone since the release of WP7. I have used a Lumia 800 for quite some time, then an Ativ S, then a L1520, L930 and am now back with a L1520 again. To be honest, of all those devices, the Samsung has been the most solid one with no manufacturing issues or other defects.

- On the L800 I experienced screen lift and loose, rattling buttons.
- On the L1520 (both) there's the sim and microsd trays that don't close all that tight. Also there's issues with the display sensitivity still and a spot forming on the display in exactly the same place as on my first 1520.
- The L930 had a bucket load of issues ranging from purple display issues to loose/rattling buttons like the L800 and also screen lift.

The thing that kept me on these Nokia devices has been WP8.1. It just fits me best in how I want my smartphone to work. No widgets, no app drawer, swipes to get to most things, convenient ellipses menu right under your thumb for more settings... Simple tiles with all the info I need, quite minimal, the way I like it. Besides that, it has always run buttery smooth, from the L800 on...

Now W10M takes away a bunch of the aesthetics and user interface interaction that feel so right and has chosen to walk a different (in my eyes strange) path. Hamburger menu's in the hardest to reach places on the display, no swipes where you would expect them and a bunch of other things. I know it's work in progress, but it's working towards something that I don't like anymore. A lot of this actually applies to W10 on the Surface Pro 3 as well, where they very effectively managed to kill the best touch interface on the market and replaced it with a half baked Tablet Mode, but that's offtopic.

All in all, I will think twice before buying a new Lumia after experiencing the issues with all my Lumia's in the past. I just don't trust their build quality anymore, whether it be design flaws, poorly sourced displays or bad quality control. And I have severe doubts about W10M as a platform. Just think about the amount of apps that haven't even caught up with UI changes from WP7 to WP8.1 and then look at how much the UI has changed in W10M... it's going to be as inconsistent as Android.

My current dream device would probably be a Galaxy S6 with WP8.1.2... Which makes me a bit sad for Windows Phone :( ;).

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
No plans. Until the market share picks up, with better apps selections, I will not plan to get a new windows phone. In fact, I'm going to get the next iPhone since it has better ecosystems and app selections. Had enough of Windows phones.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
For now my Lumia 830 is still good enough for my use. I think I'll wait it out until I believe I need to replace it. First generation devices are always risky to buy as well. Even with the Surface tablet line Microsoft took some time to perfect it. Plus there will be OEMs releasing stuff too. I'm also more interested in a cisc architecture based phone that can be used like a real pc.

anon(5518418)

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
No plans. Until the market share picks up, with better apps selections, I will not plan to get a new windows phone. In fact, I'm going to get the next iPhone since it has better ecosystems and app selections. Had enough of Windows phones.

Sadly I think its peaked and is on the downward spiral. You know when they try the old android app porting trick things are bad.

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
My plans are to initially look for leaks of the 840/850, if nothing soon then hope for something interesting from other OEMs, and then worst case scenario go for cityman or talkman.
EDIT: Or even look for a nice price on a 930 to hold me over.

dubor99

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Leaked photos of talkman and cityman have underwhelmed me. I really hope they look better in person and feel good in the hand. WM10 has been a bad experience for me, too. For instance, email: No unified inbox.

I hate to say it, but I am giving very serious thought to going to iPhone.

I love windows phone but if MS fails again I go for iphone too, cant see myself using Android again

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Sticking with my gorgeous Lumia 830 for a little while after seeing these renders. Might go with an Xperia or S6 Edge after that, as those are the nicest looking devices out there. Might wait to see how the Nokia Androids look as well. If Samsung releases a WM 10 version of the S6 I may consider that.

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

attachment.php

Attachments

• Phone Comparison.jpg
    Phone Comparison.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 60

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

If the top bezel was more minimized like LG's it would look much better. But I think it's more about the plastic wrapped around the phones. But again we won't know till we see it. Most phones do look similar from a straight angle. Plus the images are too small to see the actual unique glass. If the bezel was used for the navigation keys at the bottom then it already becomes way better looking. It's just the bezel is empty. The addition of the software navigation keys make it seem like the bezel is larger than it's supposed to be.

And if you look at the iphone the glass curves nicely giving it more appeal, as does the Samsung galaxy edge. Though honestly the edge has nice glass it is a bit excessive making it a gimmick. But it also has this appeal to it. I saw it at a kiosk and it looks so pretty and really shiny. People like shiny things. It's definitely not functional to have that extra curve as it is likely going to morph your apps.. Just having something in between would have been nice. It's not really about comparing to current gen stuff. It's about us expecting something revolutionary from MS. Again. We won't know till we see it in person as a render would require someone to actually add the proper lighting etc to show the glass. My issue is not with the renders but more with the real leaked images. But those aren't the final stages. I just hope it's not super flat. Curvy and shiny has an appeal. I would never buy the edge, but i love looking at it when I see it.

iphone6-select-2014.jpg

php1rwdgz.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12