What are your plans given leaked flagship images?

sdeltasix

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I have been using WM/WP since back when WinMo 6.1 was the ****, I was suposed to get WP7 on my Omnia 2, I didn't. Then WP8 with my Lumia 710, didn't. I was still on board and got a Lumia 520 because I didn't trust them anymore, it fell apart and got a Lumia 435 (kickass for the price). Tired of waiting for a proper flagship to get here in Spain, and after seeing those horrible renders, I've bought a Nexus 6.

No, don't say that I'm a hater doing it's thing around the forum, as I've been using Windows on phones for a long time and consider myself a ****** (I've made 9 people I know switch to WP). The point is that Microsoft can't rely on it's fans only, they need to attract people, they have to start a trend, because otherwise they will end like BlackBerry, being a function for Android.

Please Microsoft, release some killer flagship stuff so I don't have to get an iPhone next year.

Bloobed

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I see absolutely no reason to upgrade (or switch) from my 925. My use cases are simple enough, and there's nothing that desirable about the new phones (Continuum seems kind of fun, but ultimately pointless without desktop apps).

MDboyz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
No plan for me at this time. I have to see and check out the phones in store. I won't make any decision based on the pictures.

Michael Tillman

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I agree. I'm abandoning ship very soon. Can't do iPhone so I'll go for a high end Android. 3 years on Windows phone and many disappointments with hardware. The carriers are partly to blame but Microsoft is a let down as well!OEM partners were even worse. Shame, I'll miss live tiles. Might be back in the future of Microsoft gets it's crap together.

Cosmin Petrenciuc

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Currently I own a Nokia Lumia 1020. I'll be waiting for Lumia 1040. If Lumia 1040 is not released in Q1 of 2016 then I think I'll by myself a Surface Phone aka Surface Mobile aka Juggernaut Alpha.

Frederik Gaffron

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I've been hopping between Android and Windows Phone for a while. I like Windows more, but the reason I keep going back and forward is usually because of a lack of cool Windows Phone devices. I like changing my phone once a year, and there just hasn't been enough incentive to stick with Windows Phone over the years. If these renders are indeed what we're going to get from Microsoft in terms of high end devices then i'll likely opt for an Android flagship again. I was really hoping for some design decisions that would make the new phones stand out more (maybe they could get some design ideas from the Surface team). Currently using the Lumia 930 and that's nicer looking than the Cityman/Talkman in my book.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I've got a 1020 and celebrated two years with it on the day Win10 was released...Coincidence?
Just want a 1040 with same or better camera (not going to switch to a 21MP, sorry MS), faster processor, 2-4GB RAM, 64/128GB storage, SD card slot, 5.5" or higher screen (would *love* a 6" screen a la 1520), USB C/HDMI out for Continuum support. If MS (and by extension, ATT) want me to part with my money for a new phone, they better get busy; cuz at the current pace, the above list may not be implemented until March/April 2016 after MWC (if at all...sigh...).

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The thing that kept me on these Nokia devices has been WP8.1. It just fits me best in how I want my smartphone to work. No widgets, no app drawer, swipes to get to most things, convenient ellipses menu right under your thumb for more settings... Simple tiles with all the info I need, quite minimal, the way I like it. Besides that, it has always run buttery smooth, from the L800 on...

Now W10M takes away a bunch of the aesthetics and user interface interaction that feel so right and has chosen to walk a different (in my eyes strange) path. Hamburger menu's in the hardest to reach places on the display, no swipes where you would expect them and a bunch of other things. I know it's work in progress, but it's working towards something that I don't like anymore.

All in all, I will think twice before buying a new Lumia after experiencing the issues with all my Lumia's in the past. I just don't trust their build quality anymore, whether it be design flaws, poorly sourced displays or bad quality control. And I have severe doubts about W10M as a platform. Just think about the amount of apps that haven't even caught up with UI changes from WP7 to WP8.1 and then look at how much the UI has changed in W10M... it's going to be as inconsistent as Android.

Brilliantly put, my sentiments exactly.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
For me I dont see any reason to say that phones were design by nokia...its a nonsense and trying to excuse somehow, someway, responsabilities from microsoft...you know what else was design by nokia? Mclaren - canceled, smartwatch - canceled, why? Because they took a gap year on devices to rethink strategies and make a come back with future knowledge from Nokia and MSFT together with optimized devices and a proper flagship phone , leaks come out and people start with the "Nokia designs"?! I mean I don't want to sound mad but it's not funny anymore...samsung hired the apple design guy and 6 months later the design comes completely changed and MSFT skips a flagship lunch to put their stuff together and when it launched people come with Nokia excuses? xD besides, the Porsche comparison it's completely true and it's note since yesterday so MSFT should know this by now and focus on the design of the phone...people eat with eyes first...then comes the flavour...if the dish doesn't look nice they don't taste it, unless everyone around says its marvelous but hey, everyone around brags apple or android so this should've been a lesson learned...
I'm gonna buy the s6 edge plus since not only my eyes love but so the taste is out of this world...dont like google but oh well, no such thing as perfect device...ill see in the next year...

Finaly someone with a sense. It does not matter whether the designs are Nokia or not nor it's an excuse for Microsoft. I have been saying this also, over and over again, design is the first thing any potential buyer will notice. If the device looks like a cheap trashcan 90% will pass and buy something else. But of course many here act like the fox that can't reach the grapes and ends up happy with the thought that anyway the grapes are sour. Same thing happened with wp7. Many were defending an OS that was simply a mistake, a useless piece of software and what happened? Ms ditched them when 8 came out. Had their defending attitude brought more users or devs to wp? No. In respect of devices and software, besides the surface lineup and xbox console, MS has done a terrible job with the quality of the devices and the software. How, for God's sake, how can you call an OS reeady for public use when most of it's apps are still broken? when the entire OS has flaws? I am talking about windows 10 PC Version here. They say Edge is the new improved evolved browser. How funny when it loads pages with lots of ads and graphics like hell...
I have used a 1520 for the past three months along with a Surface2 RT and a Lenovo MiIX3. all until windows 10 arrived on PCs and the latest beta for phones. sold them all! I could not stand the terrible experience, I could not stand and be part of the neverending beta testing users for so called finished products. Got framed with wp7, got framed with windows rt, and now windows 10 which looks like a mix of Vista and Me in peformance.design is simply not in place, everything looks made in a hurry with no implication at all, no desire of providing something good. Microsoft and quality became two distant opposite facts.

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Why does this poll have 92x or 930/icon in two of the options? None of those options apply to me. I have a 1020 and plan to buy a talkman or cityman. When you create a poll you really should make sure there is an option for everyone.

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I've got a 1020 and celebrated two years with it on the day Win10 was released...Coincidence?
Just want a 1040 with same or better camera (not going to switch to a 21MP, sorry MS), faster processor, 2-4GB RAM, 64/128GB storage, SD card slot, 5.5" or higher screen (would *love* a 6" screen a la 1520), USB C/HDMI out for Continuum support. If MS (and by extension, ATT) want me to part with my money for a new phone, they better get busy; cuz at the current pace, the above list may not be implemented until March/April 2016 after MWC (if at all...sigh...).

I've got a 1020 also but would be happy to go to a 20 MP camera. Lots of phones take great pictures without 41 MP, and besides, the camera on my 1020 is very slow to load and I can't help but think the hardware is partially to blame.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Why does this poll have 92x or 930/icon in two of the options? None of those options apply to me. I have a 1020 and plan to buy a talkman or cityman. When you create a poll you really should make sure there is an option for everyone.
None of them apply to 3 of 4 family members. I pointed that out before. Its really strange that the OP added a bunch of irrelevant qualifiers on the options. Not to mention, you should have a "none of the above" option in surveys for several reasons, this being one.

GMC262

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking to see if HTC offers a Windows version of their next flagship as they did with the One M8-the renders I've seen show a thinner device than the current M9 and an edge to edge display-but those are just renders at this point.

I can't say objectively that the leaked Lumia designs are cheap looking or unattractive but I can say subjectively I prefer designs available from other phone manufacturers. Just as when buying cars, watches and athletic shoes, as much as possible, I look for function in a package I find aesthetically pleasing.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I've got a 1020 also but would be happy to go to a 20 MP camera. Lots of phones take great pictures without 41 MP, and besides, the camera on my 1020 is very slow to load and I can't help but think the hardware is partially to blame.

Good points Vincent; I guess when a possible replacement is released, I'll have to ask Daniel to compare it with my two yr old phone to decide whether or not I'll want to upgrade lol ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire