I owe an apology to people who use Glance.

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm with you rhapdog,
I probably scoffed at the thought of glance, but I absolutely love it! Easily the most-used feature of my phone simply because of how often I don't have to bother doing more than, well, glancing at the phone to see if I've missed anything, see what time it is, see what the weather is... It's a great feature!

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I wish the glance screen show the battery . There is a way?
What are the infos the glance can display?

I use an app called Battery Sense by Vasan Jiaramaneetwesin - it has pretty good alerts too (battery close to empty, charge finished, etc). Strange that the NATIVE Battery Saver can show a nice percentage tile but not be shown on Lock Screen... I use battery saver for my Start Screen tile since it updates basically real-time but use the Battery Sense for the lock screen since the Saver isn't available.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
No apology needed IMHO. My question for you is, how do you like the 640? Daily driving it? Running WinXM? Whats up?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Lol, hopefully you don't feel the same for folks who cannot live without a phone without wireless charging...blame the Lumia 920 for it :eck:
I would LOVE to have wireless charging. I'm seriously thinking about getting one of those Qi strips for inside the battery cover that covers the microUSB port and a Qi Charging pad. I'd love that. Slap me a NFC tag on the Qi charging pad to put it in Night Stand mode, and I'll be happy.

No apology needed IMHO. My question for you is, how do you like the 640? Daily driving it? Running WinXM? Whats up?
Loving the 640. Yes, using it as my daily driver. running 8.1 GDR2. I'm considering hitting Win10M (sorry, can't do the X. Too much like OS/X - <shudder>) after the next build releases, since Gabe stated the mobile hotspot would be back. That's what's been holding me up, really, since my phone is the only Internet access we have at the house.

I think it was tongue-in-cheek.
Aw, man! I sure hope people got that!

I, on the other, firmly believe that Nokia owes me an apology for excluding Glance functionality on both the Lumia Icon/930 and the Lumia 735. :winktongue:
Yeah, you're right about that one. No excuse, especially on a 930 that is supposed to be a flagship.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
(in reverse order)

my last 6 phones owned...

nokia n8
nokia 808
nokia n9
lumia 920
lumia 1020
lumia 1520

guess what feature they have in comon :)

wont buy a phone, without glance. simple as that.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I also luv the glance screen, I'm disappointed my next phone wont have it (BLU HD LTE) :grincry: but I can't seem to get the weather to show up! I have checked everything on and it still doesn't show! is there a step by step?

edit: forgot to mention its a L1520

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I also luv the glance screen, I'm disappointed my next phone wont have it (BLU HD LTE) :grincry: but I can't seem to get the weather to show up! I have checked everything on and it still doesn't show! is there a step by step?
Depends on the phone you have. Some have the option to add weather, others have the option to just show the time and notifications.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Loved Glance on my 822 then 928. Sorely miss it on my Icon. I'm assuming neither of the new "flagship" super phones will include Glance?

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
ok here is what I have set up on the glance screen settings
date: on
detailed status: on
quick status: on
background app: on

then on the lock screen I have,
background (weather)
notifications (battery) there is no weather app in my "choices"

I think I have this set up properly but still no weather on my glance screen! :angry: am I missing something?

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
ok here is what I have set up on the glance screen settings
date: on
detailed status: on
quick status: on
background app: on

then on the lock screen I have,
background (weather)
notifications (battery) there is no weather app in my "choices"

I think I have this set up properly but still no weather on my glance screen! :angry: am I missing something?

L640 doesn't have those settings on GDR2.
Settings available:
Quick Status Notifications: On
Always show glance screen when charging: On
Night Mode: red
with start and end time set.

No Background App toggle at all. That means it's designed not to get weather.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
ok but we all know the L640 cant do the weather on the quick glance... its mentioned in the posts above so I don't know why ur saying that

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
ok but we all know the L640 cant do the weather on the quick glance... its mentioned in the posts above so I don't know why ur saying that

Cause didn't know it until this thread, and it was only a "best guess" earlier in the thread. The settings confirm it.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Glance was the main reason I didn't upgrade my 928 to an Icon!
I changed my glance settings to "Interval" recently. It's even cooler now! It shuts off glance if its sitting for too long. It activates when it detects motion using the proximity sensor. It saves a little more battery and I just have to give it a little wave in front of the screen and it turns on glance. My friends think I got the latest and greatest smartphone with nifty features. Their faces are priceless when I tell them that its a two year old Windows phone...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise