I owe an apology to people who use Glance.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Apology not needed. And as Ed Boland said, Welcome to the Glance Club. Been using this feature since i had my old 920 and still using it a few phones after. Real handy for me.

k12000lt

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Imma glass half-full kinda guy, so what I understood was.. I was your motivation for apologizing and thanking Nokia/MS for this small but nifty feature that makes our day so much better :D
Thank only Nokia and not MS. It's solely Nokia who introduced the glance in N8 first, then added background feature to it. ****ting MS is taking away all the better that is left of Nokia and making it just a feature phone. My N8 still sits on my desk royally with glance on. And still keeping L925 as all newer so called high end phones and high end ****.

Cosmyc

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft... please... Glance on Lumia 950 & 950 XL...

To be honest I don't think they will have it, memory display for a 2K AMOLED panel... but I still have hope.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Loved Glance on my 822 then 928. Sorely miss it on my Icon. I'm assuming neither of the new "flagship" super phones will include Glance?

They'll include Glance. The reason the Icon didn't include Glance was a lack of display memory, which was a mistake by Nokia. There will be mutiny if the two new flagships don't have the display memory for Glance when a phone like the Lumia 640 does (even if it's a stripped back Glance).

Nekusta

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Glance is more optimal for amoled screens. I have a 720 (yes I know its really old but I'm just ok with it) and whenever I turned on Glance it consumed my battery so friggin hard that I ultimately learned to live without it. Yes I guess the bright lights at night can be a bother but I don't really check my phone until it vibrates or beeps or something. How do I check the time then ? There's these cute little devices called watches or clocks :p All-in-all the only problem I have with Glance is the huge battery consumption and for me that is a major problem. Besides, double tapping the screen or something or turn it on takes the same amount of time and effort as pushing the button. I know its not Nokia/Microsoft's fault that I have an old model but hey, I;m happy with it, so why change it :)

Rafa mbz

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Any tips of apps that shows info in glance? besides the weather
I use a app that a user post here called Insider(really great to show the battery)

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Is it because I'm in Canada that my Glance only shows the time? That's why I've deactivated it... I don't need my phone to be a desk clock.

Federico Turban

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I buy a Lumia 735 last week (wanted the Lumia 830, but was so overpriced that I cannot aford it) and shame on them, it doesn't have Glance :(
I friggin love the pone, it's a really nice jump from my old one (Lumia 625), but I look at my GF Lumia 620 when she pulls out and watch the hour with Glance and oh boy... meaby next phone.

Mercule

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I swapped my aging Lumia for an iPhone 6+ while waiting for MS to figure out what it wants to do with Windows on phone (for which I still have high hopes). I miss Glance every single day, during every single interminably boring meeting.

Gunzta

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Love Windows Phone. Love Glance. Love my 930, but boy do I miss glance. I agree, it should be defacto standard on all phones.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it because I'm in Canada that my Glance only shows the time? That's why I've deactivated it... I don't need my phone to be a desk clock.

I'm sure Canada has nothing to do with it... Glance is Glance.

What phone? OS version?

It should show whatever is set to go to your Lock Screen for quick notifications... + Detail... + 1 selected app tied to a real time API like Weather, Step Counter, etc.

You have to configure.

Tasha Jaiswal

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I too own a Lumia 640. I just have a question, does glance and double tap to wake consumes battery heavily? I have enabled glance from the past one week and I'm liking it and also the battery seems to be performing fine. Not sure about double tap to wake! Please let me know about your take on this!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I too own a Lumia 640. I just have a question, does glance and double tap to wake consumes battery heavily? I have enabled glance from the past one week and I'm liking it and also the battery seems to be performing fine. Not sure about double tap to wake! Please let me know about your take on this!

Back in the day I did personal testing with my 920 and didn't really see a major difference with glance and DTTW in terms of power.
So the question I'd pose myself is "do you need to squeeze every last drop out of the battery"?

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure Canada has nothing to do with it... Glance is Glance.

What phone? OS version?

It should show whatever is set to go to your Lock Screen for quick notifications... + Detail... + 1 selected app tied to a real time API like Weather, Step Counter, etc.

You have to configure.

I have the Lumia 640 with Windows Phone 8.1 GDR2 8.10.15.148.160

The only things Glance shows is a black screen with the time, my battery and indeed the quick notifications for the 5 apps configured in my lockscreen. That's it. I don't have any other configuration for the weather for example (I've checked). In the Content section of the Glance screen options I only have Quick notifications.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss