According to data just released by Kantar WorldPanel (http://www.kantarworldpanel.com/glob...-market-share/), UK market share of Windows Phones has increased to 12% based on month-end July figures.

Since the beginning of the year here are the figures:

Mobile OS Month-end Dec '14 Month-end July '15 Percentage change
    Android 50.1% 54.4% +4.3%
    iOS 41.7% 32.7% -9%
    WinPhone 7.4% 12% +4.6%
    Others (inc Blackberry) 0.9% 1% +0.1%

On Kantar's data, all of Europe has seen a growth on the same period. Certainly it's a knock to Apple, with most of their loses moving to Windows Phone.

As for the US market, I believe that's a lost cause for Windows Phone for the foreseeable future...

G.
    09-04-2015 07:33 AM
    Is there anyone who knows why we see these Changes in UK?

Personally I am surprised as I was expecting WP to lose (rapidly) market shares as it is a "dead" system with no development from Microsoft or anyone else (Microsoft is at least telling us they are doing things for the coming W10M).

I do know that some very big German companies are switching from Blackberry to WP (with huge debates if they should have gone for iOS/Android instead) but I’ve not heard about that trend in UK.
    09-04-2015 10:11 AM
    I'm in the trade (telecoms - not mobile) and most businesses I've spoken to are seriously considering windows phone for their staff, with only execs wanting to keep their iPhones. Android as a rule is seen to be too insecure.
    The built-in office and ability to control via active directory is a big draw, and from a business point of view the perceived security similar to BlackBerry is a positive.

My business is looking at getting into mobile as I've spoken to other b2b providers a vast majority promote windows phone over others. Windows 10 mobile is seen as a big draw from the point of convergence of communications.

From a business point of view here in the UK, 2016 could be a big year for windows phone if only devs would port their business centric apps as that's a stumbling block for some companies looking at convergence.

G.
    09-06-2015 08:39 AM