How to tackle Android/iOS fanboys?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
It's when I read posts like this that I'm happy that this technology came out when I was older. The closed minds of young people these days is quite shocking. Who cares what others think?

Of course we had our issues when I was younger, the PC/MAC wars, which still rage to this day. MS did itself few favours and lost some ground there and continues to do so. PC works for most people because of price more than anything else.

Saying that. In this situation I would ask the Android person why they're not using an iPhone. Ask the iPhone person why they're not using an Android and then ask yourself why you're using what you're using. If it works for you that's all that matters.

You're obviously talking to people that care little about tech and more about their own image. I wouldn't bother showing them anything about W10M until it's fully ready but then I wouldn't bother showing them anything personally because they obviously are too dumb to look beyond their own screens.

These silly tech wars are boring and don't achieve anything other than one-upmanship. Use the device/OS that makes you happy. That's all that matters. It's just a thing at the end of the day. You'll get a 'newer' thing in the future.

I'm also tired of the pot shots at Android and iPhone on this forum as well. They're getting tedious and boring too. No OS is perfect. That includes Windows.

GoWP

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
In my friends circle i'm the only one who uses WP. They all regards OS fluidity and Nokia's quality but when we come to the apps, they easily shut me down. There is a lot of local apps which WP hasn't. And some other apps which is better and more featured compared to the WP.

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: How to tackle android/iOS fanboys

You know I was thinking about this very thing this morning. My background is Automotive. The majority of people buy, are happy with, swear by.....Ford and Chevy...? They've consider success a Caddy or Lincoln. Then you've got your BMW people. Nobody understands them, but when it comes down to it. Drive one you'll buy one. So maybe Windows is the BMW of Smartphones. We know what we have, to us it's better. Let them enjoy their Chevy's.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You know I was thinking about this very thing this morning. My background is Automotive. The majority of people buy, are happy with, swear by.....Ford and Chevy...? They've consider success a Caddy or Lincoln. Then you've got your BMW people. Nobody understands them, but when it comes down to it. Drive one you'll buy one. So maybe Windows is the BMW of Smartphones. We know what we have, to us it's better. Let them enjoy their Chevy's.

Probably not the best comparison. Being a person who drives a BMW and who owns a Windows Phone I don't see the similarity. :p

BMWs are noted for being driver cars by reviewers around the world. I don't think Windows Phone is known for being the optimal user experience unless you happen to be a fanatical fan of it and believe there's nothing superior.

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
ahahah what a thread

Just do not answer them. Then when you are at the beach start reading messages under the sun with no problems, then take some shots with rich capture and post them on their FB wall, finally after a long day passed with them let them see a video on youtube on your phone while they do not even have battery to send an sms.

LOL

Bernard Mostert

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm bombarded by Iphone and Android with cheap shots daily. Except for App depth and width I can put up a brave fight. Wireless charging and proper OIS is still new concepts for these OS's. When the iPhone6 was launched I had a ****** trying to take a panoramic pic in low light...phone said there was nothing to see, so I took out my L1520 and took a panoramic pic that is now framed. iPhone and FM radio...no go. Pinning stuff to home screen...wasted real estate on Android and iOS. But then, if the especially the Android user is a power user you better know your stuff re alternative ways of getting stuff done.

But truth be told, WP is far from perfect. But I have an iPad (wife's actually) and a Galaxy tablet (won it) too and it doesn't take long for me to rather switch to my phone. For my needs WP trumps them.

Now, if only I can sort out the phantom taps on my L1520...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey I'm a Packer fan; I take this personal!

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk
So what are you crying about? You don't have to face him twice a year anymore.

Sent from Samsung Note 8.0 via Tapatalk

Al4video

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone face the same problem?

I mean, I go to college, talk about "Hey, win 10 mobile has this new feature!", and almost everyone, especially a few, start an OS WAR with me!

If they search something on bing, and don't get what they wanted, they "blame" me for that!

They ask me, hey let me see your phone, and I'm like, OK, and after sometime, they start complaining about the lags, and glitches, and compare their phone's OS with a technical preview!

They would compare Siri/Google voice with Cortana (sometimes with my mobile data turned off), and if, once in a ten times, cortana fails, they brag about their AIs (not considering the fact that Google voice had serached the web for "find pizzas nearby", and Siri complaining "Siri not available" for call commands too). If I dare to ask cortana to sing a song, or tell a joke, it is immediately considered to be asking for useless stuff from an AI.

These are a few of many small things I faced months ago. Although these talks have faded away (perhaps because of me not giving a s#@t about them), I am just curious to know anyone out there, still facing the same problem, or has got their ways to tackle these fanboys?

I find it odd that you start this thread yet you don't say what phone you have or what phone they are comparing it too. Doesn't make sense/

I have a 1520 and Android and iPhone folks are always in awe of my phone and what it can do. And honestly I could care less what they think.

Get yourself a decent phone and a dose of self esteem , you'll be ok.

LuxuryTouringZone

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Pay them no mind. After all, they're all just phones with the same basic functions. Some may have more apps and gimmicks than others, but at the end of the day they can all do the same thing: ring up numbers and text.

anubhav756

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

I've got a four yo L720.....and...nope...I won't buy a new one, until this breaks down, or gets stolen. But thanks anyways :D

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

I love this post!!
The same situation everyday, at home, college, garden, and on social networks :|

anubhav756

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Why the hell are you using a technical preview going into a fan war anyway. The only way to win is to downgrade back to 8.1 and show them the slick performance and reliability that windows phone has. Show them Cortana, the people hub and how you can pin contact tiles to see people statuses, you could even show them how much better the third party apps are than the official ones (6tag, mytube), the tile background picture feature and how the picture isn't 90% covered in icons like on ios and android and last but not least show them how you can use (almost) everything with one hand. If that doesn't work just don't talk about windows 10 Mobile at all.

No...I'm not using the Tech prev to show off, and I even don't want to go into the war to begin with.

Let me put it this way :)

I read an article on iMore last week, that in iOS 9, "you will be able to write commands to siri, just as you would speak to her/him"!!!!
And when those iPeople come to me saying "hey, there you go...", and I say, "well, Cortana had this from the beginning...", and they're like, "OK, you want an OS WAR...."!!

Anyways, its very easy for me to ignore these things nowadays, and its not really a problem at all.....but just for the record....Win phone has small letters when not Caps Locked.....DUHH

B)

MikeX74

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Judging by the comments, it doesn't seem to me that WP fanboys are any better than iOS or Android fanboys. Throwing around terms like "iSheep" and "lagdroid," or calling people "lemmings" because they chose different devices doesn't exactly project a good image of the WP community at large. As for the original question, the best way you can "tackle" fanboys is by not seeing them as fanboys, but like human beings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077