How Much Do You Think the 950 & 950xl will Cost?

amcluesent

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
If the SIM free price of the 950 XL is more than ?399 in Britain, I'll just be replacing the battery of my 930. The risk of Windows Phone project being shuttered is so high, it would be mad to spend more.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
For reference, the prices of the Google Nexus 5X and 6P were just announced:

Nexus 5X:
16GB=$379
32GB=$429

Nexus 6P:
32GB=$499
64GB=$549
128GB=$649

So for the 32GB models Google asks $429 and $499. I hope MS follows Google's lead here!

Yeah, price is the only thing really left to talk about for me. I'm sold in every other respect, but I won't be hoodwinked just because I like the WM OS. The 950/XL genuinely have better specs than either Nexus phone. They should command a bit of a premium. If the 950/XL came in at $450 and $550 respectively, I think that would be quite competitive. If they are over $500 and $600 respectively, I think it's probably too much for me.

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
This brings back memories to last year when I was like omg Lumia 830 everything about it seems right then I saw the price and was like hell no. I really hope this doesn't happen to me again

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
This brings back memories to last year when I was like omg Lumia 830 everything about it seems right then I saw the price and was like hell no. I really hope this doesn't happen to me again

exactly my fear. I felt totally duped last year when the L830 showed up at $450. That number sounds as absurd today as it did then. It gives me nightmares to think about the potential price MS could ask for 950/XL ($700 anyone?)

Vijay_Anand

May 30, 2015
Visit site
My sweet spot is between $450 and $500 for the 950. Any higher and I won't be able to afford it. $550 would be the absolute limit, but that would be stretching it a bit. I'm really eager to buy this phone, though. It'll be heartbreaking if it proves to be out of my reach.

Noob1ee

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
exactly my fear. I felt totally duped last year when the L830 showed up at $450. That number sounds as absurd today as it did then. It gives me nightmares to think about the potential price MS could ask for 950/XL ($700 anyone?)

Don't hold your breath, I am almost certain that it will be the same case with the 950/950XL :(

Jon_Rubinstein

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Very simple way to show you are pissed off....just don't buy it.....Those thinking this will be $599 are in for a big surprise....MS already has less than 4% of the mkt....high end Lumias never sold well....They will keep prices high,unfortunately.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'd love for them to be sold for around $400

More entry level hardware at that price....that would mean very low quality and would not interested them...Sounds like a Microsoft thing because that is all they have been doing from the release of the ICON/930/1520...

To have the features it CLAIMS it will have, we are in the $550 to 750 range betting around $550-650/700 at full retail.

Very simple way to show you are pissed off....just don't buy it.....Those thinking this will be $599 are in for a big surprise....MS already has less than 4% of the mkt....high end Lumias never sold well....They will keep prices high,unfortunately.

Really ? How much do you think it costs to build a smartphone with all the tech in a little package that is stylish ? If you think it's around $300 you need to study hardware a little more... and oh, the companies are in business to make SOME money, so your not getting them at strait cost.

We want a high end phone with features that we would EXPECT from a top end phone, those features COST money, who ever thinks your getting a new one for $300, you better be expecting to sign a 2 year contract...

walkabt

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
DavidinCT (If you are the same person, I remember you from the old original Green Button a long, long time ago when I was more active on forums),

I sincerely believe the cost to make (not design or engineer) these phones is in the mid-high $200 range based on what I have read it costs to manufacture an iPhone 6. NYTimes posted articles that have been on ZDNet and other sites stating that the original 6 plus was $215 for the 16gb model.
...not active enough to post a link yet...

Of course there is design costs and other factors.

Microsoft's application ecosystem is clearly trailing Google and Apple. We all know that. We also know it is NOT only about the hardware. If Microsoft wants to expand their phone use they need to find the price point to interest someone to buy one not for the hardware, but for the hardware AND lack of applications; that means a lower price than Google or Apple charge. An iPhone is worth $650 and more to so many people not because of the hardware but because of the combination of hardware and software.

Microsoft needs to do some soul searching if they want to be in this market, or they can make this their hobby like Apple did the Apple TV for so long - lead this at a loss like milk at a grocery store to get customers to come in or sell high and HOPE that someone will look at the product. Microsoft has the ball in their court. When an iPhone launches they cordon off the Apple store and it is like getting into the new hot night club. When a Microsoft product launches the Microsoft Store still looks empty (at least the few in Arizona do). The biggest draw MS had was for Mackelmore here...

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I just broke down and bought a 640 XL a month or so ago as my FIRST smart phone.

I think I will wait a year or so until the next models come out and then the price for the 950 XL will drop like a rock.
I believe a LOT of people will do that. As long as they can get by with their current phone it would be better to wait.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft will sell these phones to carriers as close to cost as they can. The carriers will then add shipping, advertising and demo costs to that then make at least $100 dollars a unit. Then Microsoft will set an unlocked price as to not undercut the carriers who support their phones. They need these phones in more hands to get market share up to get apps up to keep the business successful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion