Why would I buy a Microsoft Lumia if I'm a nokia fan?

sohaibappx

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
I've been a nokia fan since the launch of nokia n70 , it was my first phone and I fall in love with the Phone at that time Build quality , camera , features everything was just awesome but after Android came nokia killed Symbian devices and started making Windows Phone but as I'm nokia fan I tried Windows Phone the Phone's quality was up to the mark but I didn't like the OS that much but I sticked with the hope that oneday nokia will launch an android device but that hope became a dream when I heard about the acquiring of nokia by Microsoft.
I Sticked with nokia phones my current phone is Lumia 730 dual sim but I felt bad when I heard that Microsoft is changing devices name from nokia lumia to Microsoft lumia.
Tell me guys Should I buy a Microsoft Lumia if I'm a nokia fan???

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, probably.

But don't blindly follow a brand, get what phone suits you best. I'm a big Palm fan but they kinda aren't around anymore.
Since MS acquired Nokia's phone division, MS phones are more Nokia than anything Nokia can make today/tomorrow.

I guess the question is, are you more loyal to what the phones offer or to the lettering on the outside?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Tell me guys Should I buy a Microsoft Lumia if I'm a nokia fan???

The answer to this question should have nothing to do with if you like Nokia, but rather if you like Windows Phone. What we knew as Nokia's phone division is no more. Or maybe it is more accurate to say that it has been rebranded. It is now Microsoft.

A lot of people using WP today probably have them because of the Nokia branding. Microsoft was very wise to capitalize on Nokia's fame, and I'm sure that it factored into Microsoft's decision to create an exclusive partnership with them.

As an aside, it will be interesting to see what happens if Nokia releases an Android phone. Will their name still carry any weight, or will the mentality that what was Nokia is now Microsoft prevail?

Maybe you should ask yourself this to see how much of a Nokia fan you are: if Nokia's Android was for sale beside Microsoft's Lumia, which one would I buy?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
but I didn't like the OS that much

I think that answers your question.

Is Jolla available to you? There is a legacy there of Nokia engineering talent in terms of hardware and (Meego) software.

Sailfish OS is quite nice.

Just remember you might be jumping into a niche that will not last. Ubuntu may also be worth looking at. I think it is obvious by omission that you aren't sold on iOS or you probably would have mentioned it. The only thing that you state would make you use Android is Nokia building a device.

I think you need to examine your OS choice first. Then select hardware.

Joe A

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
The only company that makes money on android hand sets is Samsung...Nokia has an uphill battle which I don't think they have the resources to win, Microsoft is really the only company interested in being in mobile that has the resources to succeed, and it's been extremely difficult for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos