What keeps you with Windows Phone?

sketchedout

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I've had Lumia 800, 920, 925, 1520 and 930 but I decided after much deliberation to get a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. I've regularly swapped between Windows and Android but I just felt that right now even when the next flagships come there is still alot of transitioning to come. I've usually stayed with Windows because I've always liked the camera, design in general and the homescreen with live tiles interface. However, beyond that I've never been overly keen on the rest of the UI and as more and more services go over to IOS and Android, slipping back over to Android in this instance has never been easier. I personally feel I've got an extremely well built and designed handset, wonderful screen, very good quick camera and easy access to apps that are still lacking in Windows Phone. I'm interested in seeing what comes possibly later this year but most definitely next year but as the latest slogan says Next is Now, particularly for the impatient.

I feel it's important for competition and innovation that Microsoft tries to push the envelope but I'm thinking they are looking to build a better environment to attract the likes of Samsung, HTC and Lg rather than necessarily bring out a killer phone themselves, so in the meantime what keeps you on Windows Phone?

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Mostly the fact that when I am capturing a photo, I get the message on facebook, I enter it and start replying and in background one drive is auto uploading photo and in all that process my phone isn't lagging or slowed down.

I'm browsing some page, get message on whatsapp, answer it and instantly I'm back at page and continue browsing. Sometimes page is refreshed but mostly isn't

Meanwhile, for same money, I get android phone with better specs, but I've tried, lagging and freezing unexpectedly is something I can't stand.

If w10m starts to lag as Android I'll jump ship then.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately nothing anymore. I feel so bad as WP has been fairly good to me but having issues with my 1520. Web pages load horribly,since pinning Cortana on my start screen it's so choppy when I resume to start screen. My shop has been introduced to new 12v alarms with mobile phone capabilities not one app on WP all on IOS or android. Switched bank for a local one and nope no WP app and mobile site has security issue. So ill miss the tile but need apps, and new phone. So looking at 6s plus or note 5......i feel horrible talking about it but ms doesn't care anyway sooooo.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
1) Glance screen (with notifications)
2) WhatsApp individual tiles for contacts. I know Android can "pin" contact on screen but it only shows number not text. Need both.
3) Tiles. I like them. I've never own Android & iPhone, I don't like their "screen 1" "screen 2" etc.. Just can't get used to them

Top 3 reasons why I'm on WP

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
It's straight forward to me when it comes to using it.
I like the look of the OS and how it runs, and yes the tiles.
It generally works with my life, and I'm curious for the future of Windows Phone/Mobile.
The range of colors! I really like that you can change the color of the backs of Lumias without too much of a hassle, and besides, being able to choose between a green, blue, orange or yellow back is pretty nice. You can spot Lumias by their colors (at least the colorful backs)
Cortana, she's great and fun. I don't allow her to do much but she's really helpful, especially in giving her tasks to do such as sending a text.
Value for what you get, for sure. The 640 is a great example, I don't think I need to say more on that.

albert730

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 730, solid build quality and flawless performance for past 1 year without a single issue, thanks to Nokia/Microsoft.
I love the UI. It's different from the regular android phones and better. Ios and android have almost same UI, but Microsoft has set the difference there.
Also Nokia\ Microsoft customer care is amazing far better than any other sellers.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
1. I love my glance screen (as stated earlier)

2. Music freedom. I get all my songs from an app called music downloader+. Pay $1.99 and have access to unlimited music downloads.

3. Built-in FM radio.

4. Offline functionality.

5. Beautiful camera

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
just i still in windows phone till my phone ends or fails, but personally am sick of windows phone and the lack of support of Microsoft, is amazing that even sway be first on the Ipad than on windows phone , or the errors that i get when i upload a picture on facebook or also the lack of apps and even i did an test with siri and cortana on spanish spain and siri on spanish chile or latam whatever, and did the question about american football and the only which could find info and show up on cards was siri, cortana just sent me to bing, and as now would be cortana very regionalized then would not be able of get updates about NFL and etc j, and change of region my phone is not a option because have prepaid xbox cards refilled to my store account, is just is frustrating that Microsoft have no idea how to build an OS for smartphones and when did the updates been take out features which made unique to windows phone,

albert730

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, it was the Nokia tag along with it that made me buy the phone. That name made me trust it and they haven't disappointed me yet.
I bought a Lumia 730 for 13k and its crossed 1yr mark with experience still like a new device.
No complaints no regrets.
A quality hardware and a quality OS. Caring for customers is Nokia's/ Microsoft's priority.
Hats off to one of the best customer care services.

Diego Ceccacci

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Glance right now (glance background doesnt even work anymore, sigh) and minimalistic look of the system.
I dont think this is enough anymore anyway, probably my next phone will be an android if the developers support doesnt arrive

R3mis

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Windows Phone 8.1 and my Lumia 930 is what is keeping me on this platform. :)

After my 930 stops working, I am most probably not buying a new phone with Windows 10 Mobile. That system is garbage.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
No reason to switch. l would just use the same apps on a different platform. At least I like the os, even if 10 has some bugs to work out.

rocknrollover

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm on my third smart phone I've been a longtime tracfone user ,I tried there android based phone it was junk tried a Motorola moto e android not bad but lots of freeze ups.
Now comes windows 640lte on at&t win8.1 great now 10 with all updates how can it get any better just like my PC runs smooth no lag and live tiles😁.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes