09-13-2015 02:19 PM
33 12
tools
    I'd probably stop spending all of my time on Twitter and start doing other stuff.
    Haha in all seriousness I'd just continue as it is. There's nothing wrong with how things are moving along right now, even if it seems a bit slow.
    09-12-2015 10:11 AM
    If i were gabe aul, I would bring features like aero glass action centre like its on pc, new lockscreen & ability to view notifications on lockscreen, swipe gesture on messaging app too to delete, etc.. Would make an app for android just like windows insider and provide w10 to them and kill android.. ;)
    Last edited by AnkitGondalia; 09-12-2015 at 12:03 PM.
    09-12-2015 10:15 AM
    I'd just continue to gabe it my aul
    Attached Thumbnails won-internet.jpg  
    09-12-2015 10:59 AM
    09-12-2015 11:00 AM
    I would appeal to the niche. I know that's counterintuitive to how we feel about selling phones. Typically we expect software to be designed for the masses. If the masses want features A then you gotta implement it. If you masses want the 15 most popular apps then you gotta reach out to those developers and make it happen. There's nothing wrong with that approach. However, it feels like that's the only thing Microsoft wants to accomplish with Windows 10; to close the feature parity with iOS8 and close the app gap using Islandwood and Astoria.

Again, all that is fine. But if I was Gabe, I would build a small team(s) to bring some niche back to Windows 10 mobile. For starters I would tell Joe Belfiore to step aside and let a new team handle entertainment apps. I know he's had a long history with Zune and other software but Joe's heyday is over. I would focus on making the music/movies app the best in the business. You want a built-in equalizer? You want to change album art from your phone? You want user reviews? You got it. I would drown people in options.

I would expand the gaming capabilities. Microsoft is on the right path with Windows 10 game streaming but I'd take it to the next level. I would build an app that lets users stream games from their phone to another device. Not just to an Xbox One, but to someone's Windows 10 laptop, desktop, tablet or even a TV with Microsoft's Wireless Display adapter. I'd increase control options so gamers could use a keyboard+mouse, controller, or turn the phone into a full screen controller.

I'd reach out to smartwatch manufacturers and either persuade them to build an app for Windows Phone or get permission to build an app. Now, I don't think smartwatches are the future but there's a niche for them. And perceptually it doesn't look good to be underrepresented in that category.

I'd expand the capabilities of #TileArt. That app, while useful, hasn't been updated in a long time. I'd introduce app linking to add more usefulness to custom tiles. I would also allow users to make oddball tile sizes. If someone wants a thin horizontal tile that spans the entire screen, let him. And along those lines, I'd get rid of the forced grid nature of the start screen. Just let people put tiles anywhere they want. It shouldn't matter if I want a single row of tiles in the middle of the screen, just let me do it.

I'd add a "select all" option to all lists. Okay, that's not really niche but damn is it overdue.

I'd bring back DreamScene from Vista. It would probably kill your battery but DreamScene was awesome!
    09-12-2015 11:03 AM
    If I were him, I'd just continue to gabe it my aul...
    Excellent!

Reading through some of the things people say to Gabe on Twitter is pretty frustrating. And straight up embarrassing for the Windows community.
    RumoredNow, sahib lopez and a5cent like this.
    09-12-2015 11:46 AM
    - Interactive live tiles
    - Multiple slide Page not only home and full page left slide page
    - Split screen

- Contact groups that have the ability to assign ringtones to & Easier ringtone support instead of the scenic route to add a new ringtone.
    - Contacts link in phone hub
    - Remeber social contact links in people hub
    - Old People tile animation back
    - Universal Call (ability to call by viber or whatsup from dialingbad)
    - ability to add custom field for contacts
    - ability to edit title of field for contacts

- Quiet-Places
    - AutoWifi connect depend on place
    - call recorder
    - iphone facebook & messanger app features
    - Deeper Apps API

- Give the ability to Attach any file in all app
    - background downloading

- better music controls on the lock screen
    - slide up to control music
    - music rating system

- Outlook bulk mark as read button
    - Outlook combined inbox
    - Ability to search events
    HeyCori and AnkitGondalia like this.
    09-12-2015 06:38 PM
    "..Joe Belfiore to step aside and let a new team handle entertainment apps.."
    So its not just me who feel like this.
    HeyCori likes this.
    09-13-2015 02:19 PM
33 12