WP users - Chicken Hawks of the Tech World!

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I feel like windows phone fans are the chicken hawks of the tech world. Most have no dev skills of their own, they've never produced anything of such magnitude, yet feel entitled to something. Like they can point the finger and basically say "You suck! Give me my preview build NOW!!" Because they bought a phone??

You know why Android took off? Obviously being the "cheap alternative to iPhone" helped. But largely because there was an army of nerds that hated Apple (and probably Microsoft). And they supported their platform even when it sucked! Which it did for a lonnnnggg time.

But now because it had loyal supporters and not turncoats it's a massive success. Google continued supporting it due to those fans because in the early days Android wasn't a smashing success.

I'm starting to see most Windows Phone fans don't have it. There's a few, but the majority just don't have it.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I feel like windows phone fans are the chicken hawks of the tech world. Most have no dev skills of their own, they've never produced anything of such magnitude, yet feel entitled to something. Like they can point the finger and basically say "You suck! Give me my preview build NOW!!" Because they bought a phone??

You know why Android took off? Obviously being the "cheap alternative to iPhone" helped. But largely because there was an army of nerds that hated Apple (and probably Microsoft). And they supported their platform even when it sucked! Which it did for a lonnnnggg time.

But now because it had loyal supporters and not turncoats it's a massive success. Google continued supporting it due to those fans because in the early days Android wasn't a smashing success.

I'm starting to see most Windows Phone fans don't have it. There's a few, but the majority just don't have it.

I have got to point out a few things here......Every platform has these issues in their community. This is not just a Windows Phone snag, however within the WP community we are some of the most vocal, that I will give you !!

I myself have carried the Windows Phone/Mobile banner from the days of Windows CE. Now I can not speak for everyone but I will say many WP users have a passion for their platform, and yes many can not code, but many can !!!

I myself wish I could code, but I was not smart enough to listen to my folks way back in the day and take it in school. However I can say I put in many many hours, days and months on mobile hacks and yes even a way to skin a device, and app. That pushed me forward into ROM switches back in my SMT5600/HD2 days.

I think you should say Windows Phone users have passion for their platform, it's not all just moan and whine !!!!

I think I would fit myself into both sides now.....yes I moan and whine, but about lack of a wearable other then The Band, but I am also in the passion side, as I can't wait to get my grubby hands onto a 950 XL and a Pen !!!!!!!!

ArtificiallyYours

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Phone wars are a joke as a whole. I've experienced all three (iOS, Android, and Windows Phone) and they have common issues: you can feel how long you've had them by how quickly hot they get/how quicker the battery drains. Then you have everyone making phones with sealed in batteries because screw longevity right?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Squeaky wheels...
I think most users take all the upheaval in stride.

If Microsoft Mobile/WM10 is successful so be it,
If not then many of us will find nirvana elsewhere.
Human nature at it's level best will prevail over the doomsday types.

Here's to the best future possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo