Starbucks App Inquiry/Response

therealcostanza

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I emailed Starbucks the other day, mainly cause I couldn't figure out their plan for mobile. App on the Band but not on the Phone?

tl;dr - Starbucks has no plans to officially support windows phone.

Original inquiry:
Hi - I'm curious about the decision for lack of a mobile app on the Windows Phone platform. Is there plans for a universal app with Windows 10? As a shareholder, I don't quite understand the direction of your mobile division with having an app on the Microsoft Band, but not the actual Windows Phone platform itself. It's unfortunate that I have to resort to logging into my Starbucks account on a web browser or use my work iPhone. Also, there were a number of well liked and utilized 3rd party Windows Phone apps where were removed from the store due to C&D from Starbucks. Again, as a shareholder (sounds silly throwing that around but I'm going to) I can't figure out your program plan for Mobile, especially now with MSFT giving the tools to 'port' over iOS and Android apps to Windows 10. Is there something in the pipeline?

Starbucks Response:

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for contacting Starbucks and for being a valued customer and shareholder.

We have continued to look at the Windows platform and listen to our customer?s needs. As we grow and evolve our mobile applications, we seek to develop on the platforms where we see the greatest opportunity. At this time we will not support the Windows platform but will continue to evaluate it as the landscape evolves.

Your feedback regarding this decision is much appreciated. Rest assured, your questions and concerns have been documented and passed along to the appropriate teams.

If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please visit us at customerservice.starbucks.com. Have a great day, Andrew!

Sincerely,

Melinda S.
customer service

TsukiRou

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Starbucks not going in to the WP platform because "we seek to develop on the platforms where we see the greatest opportunity" is pretty lame. There are quite a few requests on their request for ideas forum for WP apps, but they just don't seem to care. I feel pretty marginalize by this sort of thinking.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
At least you got a reply. I got nothing.

Maybe because I violated some sort of decency code with the line "Starbucks is all about The Diversity, except in the case of customers who have Windows devices."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99