Does LUMIA 640XL support LED notifications? Or is wise to go for LUMIA 730?

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I am holding a Lumia 730 upgrade from Lumia 520 last year. My screen has cracked and I m presently buying a new one rather than going for 8-9k to change the screen. I heard the windows 10 gonna support LED notifications provided the drivers are present. Does 640Xl have it? Is it wise to go for 640Xl or buy the Lumia 730 again? Please advise .

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Well when you wanna buy a phone, you should really study it very well. As far as i'm concerned we, at least i, don't need no LED notification lights.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
LED light notification is not enabled for any Windows Phone @ 8.1 or less.

Windows 10 Mobile does support LED notifications, but OEMs need to make it happen | Windows Central It is coming in 10, but OEM's need to implement it.

This thread has been moved to an appropriate forum...

As per this advice: http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/292973-who-should-post-ask-question-forum.html WC members are free to post in all areas of the board. Please use Ask a Question only for time critical help issues that affect the immediate functionality of your device.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Very good! One more blunder from MS? what for those who took the much hyped 640Xl then? Cheated?

The phone never had an LED notification light, never was said to have one, and that made up none of the hype.

I see no cheating here, if someone bought the phone thinking it had an LED notification light, then its their fault.
I didn't buy an iPhone to feel cheated because its used iOS instead of Android, or that it didn't have Glance.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I m so sorry guys, I completely misunderstood about LED notifications. I was thinking that as what iOS users or android lollipop users have it right when they power on the phone, the notifications(preview of messages) appearing, in their lock screen. Does that feature is included in windows10? I m ain't sure about what kinda notifications they call that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss