Do you think with the new Mobile phones like Mi 4c, One plus Two, nexus 5x etc launching at budget prices and hardcore specs, Microsoft's 950 and 950xl stands a chance? Shouldn't Microsoft consider 'Up-ing' their game. Can they last long if they continue on this path or do they need a different strategy?
    09-22-2015 12:45 PM
    With any phone its a game of tradeoffs.
    Those phones are indeed at midrange pricing but there's always a caveat. Nexii never really had quite the camera chops, the OnePlus Two does without NFC and Qi oddly enough, etc.

I don't think those are the problem, I still feel we have to gun for the pricey Samsung Galaxy S' and iPhones since at least here in the US those are all I see.
    09-22-2015 01:04 PM
    That all depends upon the pricing. As far as I know/feel this isn't the end. Its going to be windows because of windows 10, it appeals enterprises, got universal apps and not to miss OEMs are supposed to make some good phones for windows. Personally looking at the Indian market, lumias are here for a big game...
    09-22-2015 01:04 PM
    With any phone its a game of tradeoffs.
    Those phones are indeed at midrange pricing but there's always a caveat. Nexii never really had quite the camera chops, the OnePlus Two does without NFC and Qi oddly enough, etc.

I don't think those are the problem, I still feel we have to gun for the pricey Samsung Galaxy S' and iPhones since at least here in the US those are all I see.
    But then again it isnt only about US. If you (Microsoft) plan on running a brand, you have to think globally. Here in India, the craze for smart phones is off the charts. People are crazy when it comes to good gadgets with affordable prices. So shouldn't Microsoft consider other countries as well? Specially when it could affect their market share in a positive way.
    I had an 830 before but it broke so i bought a 640. Now if I plan on buying a good mid range phone, i dont have any choice but to go for android since 950 & 950xl are gonna be very costly here. And if I feel this way, I'm sure many others will.
    09-22-2015 01:33 PM
    Well MS themself said they're not, never was and will not try to compete with other manufacturers. As far as i understood, they're going to seperate theire phones into 3 categories: Low, mid-range and high-end phones, such as Lumia 950/xl. So, considering the fact they've just layed off more than 7000 workers, i don' think they're aiming for a breakthrough on the market, but simply showing off their OS with Lumia devices and selling them to hardcore windows lovers. And that's pretty much it. It's like, they're just making these phones for us, lol.
    09-22-2015 01:34 PM