My Idea For Windows 10 Mobile [Concepts]

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
After seeing different concepts for W10M, I thought I'll have a go at it and make some of my own.

W10M-Lock copy.jpg
W10M-Start copy.jpg
W10M-Start-Open copy.jpg
W10M-Start-All copy.jpg
1.8.jpg
1.9.jpg
9.10.jpg

It's not something wildly different, but I'm liking it. I have a few ideas for Cortana, Notifications, and other things. If I come around to making it, I'll post it.

Love seeing the software/hardware concepts!!

Note: The information inside the images is not real

Attachments

• 1.10.jpg
    1.10.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, the only new thing is actually the transparent call screen with a bigger circle. I like that. It's good.
As for the close all button, it'll get added I think, and the shut down button is not welcome there. It would cause a lot of accidental shutdowns. I like the current method of shuting down my phone.

Leonel Funes

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Well, the only new thing is actually the transparent call screen with a bigger circle. I like that. It's good.
As for the close all button, it'll get added I think, and the shut down button is not welcome there. It would cause a lot of accidental shutdowns. I like the current method of shuting down my phone.

I had a phone (Galaxy S2 E4GT) that was giving me problems with the Power button. Once in a while, a Power Off option on-screen is welcome. But I admit, the location was not well thought...

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I thought I'm gonna like transparency, but, nooo I, yuk, don't ever do it MS, I don't wanna iOS like device, if I wanted that I'd grab an iPhone.

Last edited:

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Pretty much. I just don't see the appeal of making W10Meh look like iOS or Windows 7. Aren't the tacky transparent tiles enough?

Leonel Funes

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I thought I'm gonna like transparency, but, nooo I, yuk, don't ever do it MS, I don't wanna iOS like device, if I wanted that I'd grab an iPhone.

Pretty much. I just don't see the appeal of making W10Meh look like iOS or Windows 7. Aren't the tacky transparent tiles enough?

A lot of people are asking for more color and transparency, but iOS blurs everything way too much. It's different, but when I open these on my phone it looks fine. I guess people just want options. And you can't please everyone at once...

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
A lot of people are asking for more color and transparency, but iOS blurs everything way too much. It's different, but when I open these on my phone it looks fine. I guess people just want options. And you can't please everyone at once...
It should definitely be a default option though. It's a 'Windows Phone', it wouldn't hurt to have some more transparency.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Anyone have ideas for the lock screen? I think something like tetra lock screen is good enough... Maybe with options

Full music controls and information, weather, the ability to switch between Detailed Status notifications by tapping Quick Status notifications. Division between numbers on the keypad (thin lines either white or black depending on the theme).

daftpunklover

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I really like that transparent action center but from a look perspective I think it should blur the background picture only and not the entire Start Screen or whatever there's under it.
I think this also would help with performance on lower end devices 😉

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I like the overall design. especially the close all button. But i am not sure about the shut down button though. you could accidentally touch it and switch off the device every time you try to close all. otherwise nice design.

Leonel Funes

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Full music controls and information, weather, the ability to switch between Detailed Status notifications by tapping Quick Status notifications. Division between numbers on the keypad (thin lines either white or black depending on the theme).
Also, I think you should move the Shut Down option to the Action Center as a Quick Action and move the Close All option in Task Manager to the bottom right or bottom left corner.
I really like that transparent action center but from a look perspective I think it should blur the background picture only and not the entire Start Screen or whatever there's under it.
I think this also would help with performance on lower end devices ��
I like the overall design. especially the close all button. But i am not sure about the shut down button though. you could accidentally touch it and switch off the device every time you try to close all. otherwise nice design.

I made some changes to the lock screen, made it like tetra but with options, including music controls, and lines to separate the numbers...
Notification shows blurred background, not blurred whatever-is-under-at-that-moment (yes, it was the start screen).
Close all is moved to the bottom left corner while power off is a quick action in the notification area.
W10M-Lock copy.jpg
W10M-Lock-PIN copy.jpg

This is fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

daftpunklover

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Great work, now it looks really cool! Another thing I've noticed was that the "Close all" would look much better if it was inserted in a rectangular blurred space, centered under the main app in the multitasking view. Sorry for poor English 😊

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I made some changes to the lock screen, made it like tetra but with options, including music controls, and lines to separate the numbers...
Notification shows blurred background, not blurred whatever-is-under-at-that-moment (yes, it was the start screen).
Close all is moved to the bottom left corner while power off is a quick action in the notification area.
View attachment 112926
View attachment 112927

This is fun!

Even better! However, I'm not sure the equalizer is at home on the lock screen. That's usually something you only touch every now and then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)