The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-25-2016 11:23 AM
44 12
tools
    After seeing different concepts for W10M, I thought I'll have a go at it and make some of my own.

w10m-lock-copy.jpg
    w10m-start-copy.jpg
    w10m-start-open-copy.jpg
    w10m-start-all-copy.jpg
    1.8.jpg
    1.9.jpg
    9.10.jpg

It's not something wildly different, but I'm liking it. I have a few ideas for Cortana, Notifications, and other things. If I come around to making it, I'll post it.

Love seeing the software/hardware concepts!!

Note: The information inside the images is not real
    Attached Thumbnails 1.10.jpg  
    Last edited by leonelfunes32; 11-10-2015 at 12:33 PM. Reason: cleanup on aisle 5
    09-23-2015 04:19 PM
    Well, the only new thing is actually the transparent call screen with a bigger circle. I like that. It's good.
    As for the close all button, it'll get added I think, and the shut down button is not welcome there. It would cause a lot of accidental shutdowns. I like the current method of shuting down my phone.
    09-23-2015 04:37 PM
    Well, the only new thing is actually the transparent call screen with a bigger circle. I like that. It's good.
    As for the close all button, it'll get added I think, and the shut down button is not welcome there. It would cause a lot of accidental shutdowns. I like the current method of shuting down my phone.
    I had a phone (Galaxy S2 E4GT) that was giving me problems with the Power button. Once in a while, a Power Off option on-screen is welcome. But I admit, the location was not well thought...
    09-23-2015 05:54 PM
    Here's that screen edited, along with my take on Cortana and Notifications

w10m-cortana-copy.jpg
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 11-07-2015 at 09:48 AM.
    09-23-2015 08:51 PM
    Yeah..basicly transparency. That's what I'm talkin' about.
    09-23-2015 11:44 PM
    I thought I'm gonna like transparency, but, nooo I, yuk, don't ever do it MS, I don't wanna iOS like device, if I wanted that I'd grab an iPhone.
    Last edited by Rose640; 09-24-2015 at 01:22 AM.
    09-23-2015 11:53 PM
    Pretty much. I just don't see the appeal of making W10Meh look like iOS or Windows 7. Aren't the tacky transparent tiles enough?
    09-23-2015 11:56 PM
    I thought I'm gonna like transparency, but, nooo I, yuk, don't ever do it MS, I don't wanna iOS like device, if I wanted that I'd grab an iPhone.
    Pretty much. I just don't see the appeal of making W10Meh look like iOS or Windows 7. Aren't the tacky transparent tiles enough?
    A lot of people are asking for more color and transparency, but iOS blurs everything way too much. It's different, but when I open these on my phone it looks fine. I guess people just want options. And you can't please everyone at once...
    hd256 likes this.
    09-24-2015 10:07 AM
    A lot of people are asking for more color and transparency, but iOS blurs everything way too much. It's different, but when I open these on my phone it looks fine. I guess people just want options. And you can't please everyone at once...
    It should definitely be a default option though. It's a 'Windows Phone', it wouldn't hurt to have some more transparency.
    Alfa Kapa likes this.
    09-24-2015 10:35 AM
    That's a very nice concept! I'm digging it!
    leonelfunes32 likes this.
    09-24-2015 12:38 PM
    It should definitely be a default option though. It's a 'Windows Phone', it wouldn't hurt to have some more transparency.
    I think so too, they should have done it while iOS was still with its skeuomorphic designs... But it's never too late
    09-24-2015 12:55 PM
    My favorite is the Action Center transparency. I also like the download bars in All Apps.
    09-24-2015 09:19 PM
    Anyone have ideas for the lock screen? I think something like tetra lock screen is good enough... Maybe with options
    09-25-2015 12:03 AM
    Anyone have ideas for the lock screen? I think something like tetra lock screen is good enough... Maybe with options
    Full music controls and information, weather, the ability to switch between Detailed Status notifications by tapping Quick Status notifications. Division between numbers on the keypad (thin lines either white or black depending on the theme).
    09-25-2015 06:38 AM
    Also, I think you should move the Shut Down option to the Action Center as a Quick Action and move the Close All option in Task Manager to the bottom right or bottom left corner.
    09-25-2015 06:39 AM
    I really like that transparent action center but from a look perspective I think it should blur the background picture only and not the entire Start Screen or whatever there's under it.
    I think this also would help with performance on lower end devices 😉
    09-25-2015 07:01 AM
    I like the overall design. especially the close all button. But i am not sure about the shut down button though. you could accidentally touch it and switch off the device every time you try to close all. otherwise nice design.
    09-25-2015 12:22 PM
    Full music controls and information, weather, the ability to switch between Detailed Status notifications by tapping Quick Status notifications. Division between numbers on the keypad (thin lines either white or black depending on the theme).
    Also, I think you should move the Shut Down option to the Action Center as a Quick Action and move the Close All option in Task Manager to the bottom right or bottom left corner.
    I really like that transparent action center but from a look perspective I think it should blur the background picture only and not the entire Start Screen or whatever there's under it.
    I think this also would help with performance on lower end devices ��
    I like the overall design. especially the close all button. But i am not sure about the shut down button though. you could accidentally touch it and switch off the device every time you try to close all. otherwise nice design.
    I made some changes to the lock screen, made it like tetra but with options, including music controls, and lines to separate the numbers...
    Notification shows blurred background, not blurred whatever-is-under-at-that-moment (yes, it was the start screen).
    Close all is moved to the bottom left corner while power off is a quick action in the notification area.
    w10m-lock-copy.jpg
    w10m-lock-pin-copy.jpg

This is fun!
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 11-07-2015 at 09:49 AM.
    09-25-2015 03:49 PM
    Great work, now it looks really cool! Another thing I've noticed was that the "Close all" would look much better if it was inserted in a rectangular blurred space, centered under the main app in the multitasking view. Sorry for poor English 😊
    09-25-2015 04:20 PM
    I made some changes to the lock screen, made it like tetra but with options, including music controls, and lines to separate the numbers...
    Notification shows blurred background, not blurred whatever-is-under-at-that-moment (yes, it was the start screen).
    Close all is moved to the bottom left corner while power off is a quick action in the notification area.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W10M-Lock copy.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	112926

Name:	W10M-Lock-PIN copy.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	112927

This is fun!
    Even better! However, I'm not sure the equalizer is at home on the lock screen. That's usually something you only touch every now and then.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 11-07-2015 at 09:49 AM.
    leonelfunes32 and alievo_fan like this.
    09-25-2015 04:32 PM
    Great work, now it looks really cool! Another thing I've noticed was that the "Close all" would look much better if it was inserted in a rectangular blurred space, centered under the main app in the multitasking view. Sorry for poor English ��
    I can do it centered, but I'm not sure about adding more effects to it...

Even better! However, I'm not sure the equalizer is at home on the lock screen. That's usually something you only touch every now and then.
    I use the it somewhat often, but it's easier than hunting it down in the settings...

Before I forget, here's what I'm really hoping for:
    w10m-start-mclaren-copy.jpg
    If this makes it, I'll be the happiest man alive :D

And an updated Cortana:
    w10m-cortana-copy.jpg
    Last edited by leonelfunes32; 09-25-2015 at 08:38 PM.
    Karanstyle likes this.
    09-25-2015 08:05 PM
    I can do it centered, but I'm not sure about adding more effects to it...

I use the it somewhat often, but it's easier than hunting it down in the settings...

Before I forget, here's what I'm really hoping for:

Name:	W10M-Start-McLaren copy.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	112936
    If this makes it, I'll be the happiest man alive :D

And an updated Cortana:

Name:	W10M-Cortana copy.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	112937
    Oh and Shut Down should be Power so you can restart instead of straight shutting down if you want. That'd be nice.
    Also Live Folders should have thin lines dividing the respective applications inside on the Live Tile (if you made sense of that). And I prefer the Task Manager with the straight background instead of blurred. Just thoughts.
    gabi tanase and leonelfunes32 like this.
    09-25-2015 09:41 PM
    I wish you were the graphics designer of W10M. That is one hell of a design. I totally love it. looks so good and unique.
    09-26-2015 03:25 AM
    Great work, now it looks really cool! Another thing I've noticed was that the "Close all" would look much better if it was inserted in a rectangular blurred space, centered under the main app in the multitasking view. Sorry for poor English ��
    Oh and Shut Down should be Power so you can restart instead of straight shutting down if you want. That'd be nice.
    Also Live Folders should have thin lines dividing the respective applications inside on the Live Tile (if you made sense of that). And I prefer the Task Manager with the straight background instead of blurred. Just thoughts.
    These are probably the last ones I'll make. But I did change the background to see what it would look like:
    4.8.jpg

6.1.jpg

I wish you were the graphics designer of W10M. That is one hell of a design. I totally love it. looks so good and unique.
    Thanks! And I wish that too, but I doubt they'd let me mess with the design. Who knows what they're thinking of for the future...

Also, here's a link to all the concepts I have. Go take a peek at them and give back some feedback!

<removed by moderator>
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 11-07-2015 at 09:52 AM.
    09-26-2015 04:19 PM
    These are probably the last ones I'll make. But I did change the background to see what it would look like:

Name:	4.8.jpg 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	112995

Name:	6.1.jpg 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	112997

Thanks! And I wish that too, but I doubt they'd let me mess with the design. Who knows what they're thinking of for the future...

Also, here's a link to all the concepts I have. Go take a peek at them and give back some feedback!

<removed by moderator>
    Good work. I can see improvements and such that I would make but I'm just that kind of guy. Never 100% with my software design, haha.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 11-07-2015 at 09:53 AM.
    leonelfunes32 and Karanstyle like this.
    09-26-2015 07:38 PM
44 12