Coming back to Windows Phone

Bataar

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, after switching to Android for a whole week, I think I'm nearly ready to switch back. The level of voice control Windows Phone has is so much better it's mind bottling. Yes, more apps and services are available on Android that it will be a hard decision. Voice control/navigation is so integrated into the OS that I took it for granted. Windows could do it natively back in 2010 when Windows Phone 7 came out. You didn't need to download or run any apps to do it. Just put a Bluetooth headset on and it works.

If Person X sends me a text, I'll hear the notification and then it will say, "You'very received a text from Person X. Should I read it or ignore it? If I say "Read it", it will read the message and then ask if I want to reply or if I'm done. If I say reply, it will ask me to say the message and then read it back to me for verification and ask if I want to send it, add more, or try again.

I can't believe that it's late 2015 and Android doesn't have this basic level of functionality. Windows had it in 2010.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, after switching to Android for a whole week, I think I'm nearly ready to switch back. The level of voice control Windows Phone has is so much better it's mind bottling. Yes, more apps and services are available on Android that it will be a hard decision. Voice control/navigation is so integrated into the OS that I took it for granted. Windows could do it natively back in 2010 when Windows Phone 7 came out. You didn't need to download or run any apps to do it. Just put a Bluetooth headset on and it works.

If Person X sends me a text, I'll hear the notification and then it will say, "You'very received a text from Person X. Should I read it or ignore it? If I say "Read it", it will read the message and then ask if I want to reply or if I'm done. If I say reply, it will ask me to say the message and then read it back to me for verification and ask if I want to send it, add more, or try again.

I can't believe that it's late 2015 and Android doesn't have this basic level of functionality. Windows had it in 2010.
im going for IOS to try it out as well. For me WP has gotten worse. Web pages render very bad,facebook has gotten worse,no flagships in store yet,still missing apps for work after 3 years here, it just feel behind the rest now ...not at first. I hope to come back but only when ms is pound for pound up against IOS and android. All I have now is good voice commands. But that's not enough for me at least

Tyresian

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a few friends that love Windows Phone but need more out of their phone since we haven't had any big breakthroughs for a while now. One was using a 920 and just switched to the S6 Edge + and agrees that Google Now just isn't good enough. It sounds like he is having other issues with it as well.

I doubt the October release will be enough to convince me to stick with Windows Phone, and I switched from Android to Windows Phone 7 and have bought new phones every year (or sooner) until the 1020. I love the 1020 but now I've had it for over 2 years and I have no interest in buying a new Windows Phone as their hasn't been anything released that is truly "better". At this point I may switch to iPhone which... I use an iPad Mini 2 but I don't care much for the OS... But when it comes to apps and integration even Android doesn't have the coverage iOS has.

Microsoft has made this all very difficult. At least they do have good "budget" phones. I've gotten my girlfriend converted from Android to Windows Phone which works great for her as she doesn't use any apps not offered. Except when it comes to banking.... Chase pulling their app really stinks since mobile deposits are a huge plus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos