Best Travel Apps? What do you use?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I recently went abroad with my Lumia 930. Thankfully I bought it unlocked. Wifi is not as prevalent or free as you think!

I used these apps A LOT:

Here+ Maps - without a data plan it was al life saver!!!!! Downloaded maps
MS Translator - works offline as well - great for reading menus and street signs with the camera!

I did get a SIM which made the first two more handy but then these following much more useful

Facebook
Instagram
WhatsApp
Swarm+Foursquare
Yelp
Skyscanner
Currency Converter

Anyone else - what do you use when you travel?

Thanks,

Mr. V

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Here and Drive + are indispensable. Translator served me well abroad. Tons of pics and that is where Lumia Firmware really shines.

This go 'round (I'm in the middle of a month long tour of the western US) I'm using the heck out of OneNote. I got hyper-organized and stashed tons of info in OneNote: hotel reservations, addresses, phone numbers, etc., sights to see with hyperlinks to websites for info, PDF guides and brochures dropped right in that city's page, maps, et al.

Best part is it is not only on your phone and laptop, but can be shared out to anyone else traveling in your party.

The universal nature of some Apps just makes them so effective. Do all your prep work at home on the PC by filling OneNote and saving destinations to your collections in Here and access it on your phone as you go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss