So we have heard the rumors of a continuum dock that is codename "Munchkin" that is rumored to be $99.

If this dock is only able to be used for continuum for phones, this will be a flop.

What this dock needs for success is to be not only continuum for phones, but to be miracast-ready and also a set top box (competitive product to Apple TV/Amazon Fire TV Stick/Roku/ChromeCast).

$99 is too steep a price for only continuum for phones. It needs to be able to cast any windows device (or really any device) that has miracast-support and be a set top box that utilizes the universal app platform.

I believe that this device is what Microsoft needs for this product to be successful.
    09-29-2015 11:39 PM
    Agreed. If it's Continuum-only, it will need to be closer to $25.
    09-30-2015 12:21 AM
    Flop? We're talking about an accessory for a phone here. Not some pop stars be album.
    09-30-2015 01:02 AM
    Flop? We're talking about an accessory for a phone here. Not some pop stars be album.
    It's a product for sale. Pproducts flop all the time.
    09-30-2015 01:27 AM
    It's a product for sale. Pproducts flop all the time.
    I'm saying its an accessory for two phones that won't sell very well either.
    10-01-2015 08:16 AM
    Interesting convo. I'm more interested in knowing:
    • If the dock will work with having to have power
    • If there is a AV to VGA cable (It is mentioned that a AV to HDMI will be included)

I plan to use it at work performing my repairs of machines. I'm building a maintenance push cart as we speak and I want to incorporate some dedicated space for a few items.

I want to use a VGA monitor and not sure if that will be supported. I'm not quite sure from the ad I saw on MS's page what is expected for keyboard use. I'm assuming that they intend to want us to Bluetooth a keyboard to the phone. I do not see any other ports for a wired keyboard. If any of you have in info or insight it would be greatly appreciated.
    10-24-2015 04:16 AM
    I have this dock (free with my purchase of the 950xl)... Although it is nice I kind of wish the Surface Dock and the Continuum dock were one in the same as it would be nice to use the same dock for a surface and/or a phone...
    12-14-2015 04:24 PM