Should New Lumia Devices be sold at a loss ?

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Folks don't need Microsoft to make it's products at a loss because they need to be the market leader for Windows 10 setting the bar for the rest of the market, then again who want to be in business to sell at a loss which defeats the purpose.:straight:
Google tends to give the impression they will sell hardware for cheap, ala Nexus 5 and 7. Which were total pieces of crapdoodle.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Google tends to give the impression they will sell hardware for cheap, ala Nexus 5 and 7. Which were total pieces of crapdoodle.
Did you ever use either the Nexus 5 or the Nexus 7?

I have a Nexus 7, and I've had no issues with it. It got updated to Marshmallow.

the1

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site

Actually, that was a short lived phenomenon. lol

Google hardware in the beginning was not cheap. The Nexus One/S/Galaxy Nexus were sold at premium prices, so it used to blow my mind when Nexus started throwing out cheap phones and they thought that cheapness was what the program was about (and why many threw fits when the Nexus 6 list price was announced).

That being said, the Nexus 5 was not a bad device and the Nexus 7 (2013) was an awesome piece of hardware for the price

Last edited:

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever use either the Nexus 5 or the Nexus 7?

I have a Nexus 7, and I've had no issues with it. It got updated to Marshmallow.

Just sold the Nexus 7. Its a glorified phone with no expandable memory. It was very unreliable, crashed and battery drained all the time, unremovable cover that was cheaper than removable covers, touch issues.
Why do i need that? My 1520 did everything equal or better.

Everyone had a Nexus 5, terrible camera, cheap plastic body, dim screen, terrible battery life.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Just sold the Nexus 7. Its a glorified phone with no expandable memory. It was very unreliable, crashed and battery drained all the time, unremovable cover that was cheaper than removable covers, touch issues.
Why do i need that? My 1520 did everything equal or better.

Everyone had a Nexus 5, terrible camera, cheap plastic body, dim screen, terrible battery life.
The Nexus 7 is a tablet, not a phone.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) running Stock/AOSP (Android 6.0 Marshmallow) ElementalX-N7-5.00 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett