What apps do you think will be announced on October 6?

euichii

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I am hoping for very popular apps to go along with the reveal of the flagships. Still hoping for clash of clans and an official Facebook app by Facebook. Google apps, maybe if hell freezes over.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I would bet there will be -0- Apps for Windows Phone shown. They might jump in their tech (iOS/Android apps to WP), or show some current apps but, I don't see them claiming new apps are coming.

This show is more about hardware than software....

euichii

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I am quite expecting some apps to be announced or partnerships. AFAIR even wp events are for hardware, softwares and apps are given some limelight. So hopefully apps will be announced.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Tom Warren is eluding to Google being involved in a "surprise" at the event, speculating possible universal Google apps.

I think hell might freeze over first though.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Not very optimistic about new apps, IMO it will be more focused on the new hardware, OS, continuum and stuff like that but who knows, lets hope we'll see something more than that :)

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Candy Crush Soda Saga for W10M as an example of porting capabilities.* (Maybe that's why they didn't publish it yet for phones.)

Universal Facebook Messenger app with actionable toast notifications.

Overhauled (+universal) Facebook app.

Twitter app for W10M

Ported Periscope & Instagram to show off porting capabilities.**

We will see :) I really hope that I'm not wrong about Messenger, FB and Instagram apps at least. That would explain just a bug fixing update for Instagram, minor updates for Messenger and just a one minor update since a couple of months for Facebook app.

* Project Islandwood
** Project Astoria

Last edited:

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Snapchat - the 950xl button arrange is made for taking quick screenshots of snaps, so clearly that is the reason for it being designed the way it is. I kid, of course...

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft and Google did just recently decide to drop several patent lawsuits against each other; could be the new-ish CEO's have decided to play nice with each other for a while.

What could be encouraging about this is that Google services may end up being supported under Windows Mobile 10, which would avoid the problem Blackberry ran into with their Android emulator.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
If anything it could be demos of the whole porting part of WM10. But I still see it as a hardware show. Still, would be nice to think they have some mainstream companies showing how easy a port is now.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't think we should expect to see any new apps as the emphasis of the event will be around the hardware that MSFT is releasing. Not to mention that most developers will probably wait to see what the impact of the event will be on the tech market. I suspect that apps like Snapchat will eventually find their way to WP because of the popularity of W10 and with a lot of push being directed towards enterprises that are already immersed in MSFT products, using WP's as an extension would be a viable option and having the most popular apps would be too appealing for developers to simply ignore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo