This explains it all. DEAD ON. Microsoft and Exclusivity.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
About the best of the "Hitler" parody I've seen done. Like all parody, the best are firmly grounded in the truth and hit close to home.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I have to say I don't think a lot of fans realise what it takes to get your phone on a carrier. I would type a long diatribe here, but I already did elsewhere (http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...t-ready-do-whatever-takes-windows-mobile.html) The amount of time, money and effort required to get Windows Phone to where we want it to be is simply too much, and the market hasn't even expressed a desire for the phones. While I blame Microsoft for the current situation, I'm not naive enough to think there's anything they could have done about it.

I suppose posts like this are from those that were truly optimistic about Windows Phone's prospects in the market. It was clear after year 1 that nothing short of a miracle was going to save the platform.
Ehh, it's not like Microsoft isn't one of the best capitalized companies in the world. There aren't any technical hurdles to overcome here, this MS/Vzw rift is all just a high school Mean Girls rivalry. With a bunch of innocent customers ascasualties.

KickAssLumia

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Video is funny as hell. However, Verizon has always been the "****" of mobile phone offerings when it comes to windows phones. Not really sure why this would be surprising to anyone. And mobile operators are paying ETFs for customers moving to their networks these days. Why anyone would care is beyond me. The common point brought up seems to be "coverage". But that is high;y subjective IMHO. I've had extremely poor coverage with Verizon in the past and had to switch to AT&T because of it. So its not really a one way street.

But does it hurt WP sales to an extent? Absolutely!

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Video is funny as hell. However, Verizon has always been the "****" of mobile phone offerings when it comes to windows phones. Not really sure why this would be surprising to anyone. And mobile operators are paying ETFs for customers moving to their networks these days. Why anyone would care is beyond me. The common point brought up seems to be "coverage". But that is high;y subjective IMHO. I've had extremely poor coverage with Verizon in the past and had to switch to AT&T because of it. So its not really a one way street.

But does it hurt WP sales to an extent? Absolutely!

I don't want this to be argumentative, but when ATT has no signal, it's not subjective, and it is indeed, a one way street. Trust me, I would love to switch, not just to acquire a 950, but it's evident that WP devices in general, not just Microsoft's, will be persona non grata at Verizon. Many of us just dont have that option - the only real choice we have is to leave WP.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
This video is exactly how I feel. I hope someone from Microsoft sees this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o42ArcB5GBg

Slappy
Dude that was awesome.....and spot on. The budget phones dominated in WP. There were not primarily sold @ att store! Those came out of non contract carriers metropcs,cricket etc and if they can't get there hands on windows phone it will be bad as the 920,1520,icon only took up small portion of WP .it was low budgets that sold the most.nit everyone has good credit to be on att. But have 50$ to buy one @ cricket ......not any more.

d3ac0n

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Enjoy your no updates future android device then with Verizon. If every every windows ****** left Verizon en masse maybe BS Red will reconsider the I Rule Updates On My Network mentality

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

stokkolm

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
That was quite funny, and sadly, too true. Since I'm on AT&T it's less of a problem though, and I'll be buying mine through Microsoft anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077