Verizon Customers: What's next?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I was just looking at the Verizon community forum for this exact same question. The forums there suck btw.

Yea. been there a handful of times on this 950XL subject, there is a lot of people on there saying the same thing as here...Reps do monitor that forum, even though they give the generic reply on issues...You can get a mirror of it on Facebook, twitter and their forums on what their canned reply is when it comes to new devices.

If there is one place to yell about it, it's there...

Any math geniuses out there want to do the number? I am curious the number of WP users on Verizon. I know the percentage is low, but 1% of the total number of Verizon users can't be a low number. Just wondering what kind of voice we have? lol

I would bet there would be between 5-8% or close to it. Some areas push WP better than others. If WP was only less than 1%, I don't care how much we all love it, it would not even be available on Verizon (or AT&T for that matter)

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
pretty soon im going to have a dead Icon and lumia 822 if all goes to plan, not sure how much i can get for those but it sucks to just kill two completely working decent phones

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
pretty soon im going to have a dead Icon and lumia 822 if all goes to plan, not sure how much i can get for those but it sucks to just kill two completely working decent phones
May I ask, why will your Icon and 822 be dead? Mine isn't. What do you mean they will be killed completely? You say they are completely working decent phones.

???

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
May I ask, why will your Icon and 822 be dead? Mine isn't. What do you mean they will be killed completely? You say they are completely working decent phones.

???

Well i thought those phones are CDMA only phones since they were specifically released and designed for Verizon. I hope im completely misinformed here and just way off base. Are you saying these phones will actually work with AT&T if i drop a sim in them?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well i thought those phones are CDMA only phones since they were specifically released and designed for Verizon. I hope im completely misinformed here and just way off base. Are you saying these phones will actually work with AT&T if i drop a sim in them?

They should with some limitations, Look on the fourms for each phone, you will see other users using the phones with AT&T..and tell how to get everything working on them. Verizon's SIM slot is unlocked, the ONLY side that is LOCKED is the CDMA side.

For everyone, I would just hold tight, Don't expect the phone on release day but, if 3-4 weeks go by after release, then I would think about moving.

Rumor is, Verizon is going to do something with Windows 10 Phone, what models and what they will be pushing is a different story and no one knows at this point.

The 950/950XL have not even made it through the FCC yet, then again, I have seen phones show up in FCC documents the DAY BEFORE RELEASE but, it's not uncommon for them to show up a few days to a week before a release.

Even if Verizon gets some models, but, if it's not a or a mirror of what they 950XL is...or better, I am not interested...

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Yeah thanks David. I am going to wait until the phones come out first and see what happens with all this. But is my plan and every intention to switch to AT&T if VZW isnt supporting them. Ive already planned it out and made all the steps to switch over and port the numbers so well see. That would be cool if i could use the Icon on AT&T too. The 822 i dont really care much about because that will be like a dinosaur compared to the 950XL

Jeremy Caron

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm done with Verizon... Moving to AT&T at launch... Was in AT&T store today and they had 950XL the showed me but was display unit.. Can't wait to make the move!!!

final_fantasy781

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm done with Verizon... Moving to AT&T at launch... Was in AT&T store today and they had 950XL the showed me but was display unit.. Can't wait to make the move!!!

I love your avatar! Red Wings fan here, too.

Anyways, I'm having a hard time choosing between AT&T or T-Mobile. They're basically the same coverage in my area, with T-Mobile being slightly weaker, and the cost seems to be about the same, too. With a new unlocked phone, they may even be identical. With some cool freebies thrown in at T-Mobile.

I am Microsoft Lumia 950 XL bound and I can't wait.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Anyways, I'm having a hard time choosing between AT&T or T-Mobile. They're basically the same coverage in my area, with T-Mobile being slightly weaker, and the cost seems to be about the same, too. With a new unlocked phone, they may even be identical. With some cool freebies thrown in at T-Mobile.

mvno...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

If it matters, AT&T has a device fee for BYOD. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. T-Mobile doesn't. You can just BYOD and put the sim in, and only pay for your service. T-Mo, you don't share data with others on your plan, AT&T you do, but this doesn't matter at all if it's just you on your plan. Good luck with your choice.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
If it matters, AT&T has a device fee for BYOD. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. T-Mobile doesn't. You can just BYOD and put the sim in, .

AT&T doesn't charge device fees, for years I've swapping simm cards from one Galaxy to another, then my Note 4 and just 2 weeks ago in to my present 640XL... Only issues I had was when they went to the smaller micro simm card and the guys up at my AT&T store just upgraded my simm for no charge, I didn't purchase any of the phones from AT&T...

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
AT&T doesn't charge device fees, for years I've swapping simm cards from one Galaxy to another, then my Note 4 and just 2 weeks ago in to my present 640XL... Only issues I had was when they went to the smaller micro simm card and the guys up at my AT&T store just upgraded my simm for no charge, I didn't purchase any of the phones from AT&T...

Yes, this is what I've found too. There is no need to activate devices with AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon (not sure about Sprint) once you have an active SIM card. Simply swap the SIM card. I have SIM card cutters and adapters so I can use any SIM card in any device.

With Verizon, when you put your SIM card in a new phone, your account will automatically update to show the new device very quickly, often within a few seconds.

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Icon came and went in months.
1520 never came despite the promises
Current Lumia lineup ONE phone
Actions tell the tale. What can VZ do that would undo all the broken promises?

If they wanted to be on board they could push through a certification in DAYS. It's a matter of resources and motivation - both of which are being withheld. So why bother? I'm thinking of the super deals they'll have to offer on the 990 in 2 years to win me back. They know once you've left most never return.

I did mildly wonder if VZ wanted a fingerprint reader version of these two phones. From Samsung to Apple to Nexus the finger readers have been unmitigated successes in their categories. Face is great, but finger readers are cheaper and everyone loves them. Don't even have to look at the phone. Anyway - whatever they try won't really be here till mid to late 2016 when they begin to realize the need for damage control. After the promise of the 1520 broken and the Icon that was dropped, I don't want to believe in future. By the time they bring out a new line of phones I might well be ready for my next one. For now I'll enjoy the 950 and XL completely and convince others to join the flock.

BFGJoe

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Leaving Verizon after 10 years. Assuming my 10 other devices and over $500/month will eventually follow. They had 1 great Windows Phone that lured me over and lasted almost 4 years. Then it was 3 disappointing Windows Phones in 6 months before giving up and settling for 3 different mediocre Android phones. Lookng forward to finally having a useful and productive true "smart phone" again.

dbam987

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently on the 735 and it's running well. Being a fab of Android too, I'll be swapping back and forth between the Nexus 6 and the 735. Verizon's network has been excellent wherever I go, plus they are GSM unlocked by default so can use the phone over seas too. Now if they can bring down the data plan costs a bit, that would be epic.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Currently have two lines on VZW with my 928 and daughter's Icon. The 928 is off contract while the Icon still has 10 months left on the contract. VZW has told me that to break the Icon contract will cost me $220. AT&T will give me $200/phone and $100 for each line when we buy a phone through them. Since I am buying my 950 XL from MSFT, I should get a $500 credit to switch to AT&T. My daughter will get an iPhone (she needs to have credit card processing on her phone) and I will bring my unlocked 950 XL to AT&T. I'm currently on the medium plan at VZW and pay roughly $135/mo for the 2 lines and 3 gB of data. Switching to AT&T, I will pay roughly $100/mo for 2 lines and 2 gB of data. Once my pre-ordered 950 XL shows up on my doorstep it's off to AT&T to switch over.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
My daughter will get an iPhone (she needs to have credit card processing on her phone).......

Correct me if I wrong but, isn't there a few Credit card devices availble for Windows Phone now ? I know there is an app for the paypal one... and I know another one or 2 were talked about.

(Connecting one of those devices through the headphone jack and accepting CC on your phone)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99