Verizon Customers: What's next?

nicholasanford

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Let's just assume we're not getting the Lumia 950/950XL ever. What do you guys plan to do next?

• Who's willing to switch carriers for the new Lumias?
  • Who's going to hold out for new WP on Verizon through future Lumia or OEM?
  • Who's leaving WP altogether? If you are leaving WP, what phone do you plan to get in the future?

Just asking cause I'm trying to decide what I'm gonna do. :cry:

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
If T-Mobile gets the xl I might switch. I'm on the edge program and even that's up in February so I'll wait till then to hear if Verizon is getting it. Worse case I'd get a lg v10.

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
For me leaving it not an option, family plan with grandfathered unlimited. I just purchased a 735 about a month ago when my 8x died so it should last for a while.

If I didn't have the plan and the coverage was equivalent between ATT (or other carrier it will work on) and Verizon in my area, I would switch.

As it stands I'll probably wait for a Lumia, if it doesn't come by the time my 735 needs to be upgraded (2 to 3 years max), I'll either be looking at other WP devices, and if they don't exist will have to look at Android or Apple... wouldn't necessarily be happy with either option, but I would assume that if there aren't any other WP devices by that point that WP is dead.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Three phones on our VZW plan - my 928, and 2 IPhone 4s (wife and daughter).

My 928 is holding up well. It seems that W10 Preview performs okay on it, so as long as VZW rolls out available updates I have no reason to jump one way or the other.

Depending on the need or want to upgrade IPhones, we'll see. IF it makes sense (and no VZW WP options), I'll certainly consider ATT.

depends on what's happening at the time. . .

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm leaving Verizon. In my area, ATT and Verizon have the same crappy coverage. I will let Verizon know that I'm leaving after 10 years because they aren't supporting new Windows 10 phones.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm leaving Verizon. In my area, ATT and Verizon have the same crappy coverage. I will let Verizon know that I'm leaving after 10 years because they aren't supporting new Windows 10 phones.

Same boat, except both Verizon & AT&T have great coverage in my area.

My wife and I will both be heading over to AT&T at 950 XL launch. Been with Verizon for as long as mobile phones have been around. Enough is enough.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm leaving Verizon. They have the best coverage based on my experience, but AT&T is close enough. I have 6 months left on my contract so I might stay there until then, but I'm leaning towards paying the penalty and ditching them.

To be clear, this has little to do with the 950XLs availability. I just can't forgive them for refusing to update my Icon to the excellent Denim software for so many months, just because they wanted to get their ****ty apps that nobody uses to work. I know they don't care if I personally leave, I'm just a drop in the bucket, but it's the only tiny bit of power I have.

Then again, AT&T still hasn't updated the Lumia 830, right?
I guess the way to go is to get everything from Microsoft if possible. I'm not ditching WP yet. If I do it'll be for Android. Can't stand iPhones and iOS.

bh5213

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I have the 830 on att....no denim update. I think it is coming, but who knows when. I am like you...would love to buy future phones from Microsoft, just hope they offer a payment plan.

tribexx

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I left VZW in June, brought the rest of my family over in july for the 4lines Unlimited Everything = $180 on T-Mobile.

So many phones available for GSM... FREEDOM...I came for the Lumia 640 and I knew that the switch to GSM would give me better windows phone selections. In my area outside Chicago, I get 4 bars and faster LTE than VZW.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
So has everyone heard that the Verizon unlimited data plans are getting a price bump on November 15th? It's going up by $20 a month

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Luckily except for the horrid battery life i love my Icon. I plan to wait a little while and see what happens. I can't see myself on att or t mobile but who knows. If I go and handle the 950 and love it I might switch.

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So has everyone heard that the Verizon unlimited data plans are getting a price bump on November 15th? It's going up by $20 a month
Yeah, that is crazy... but even crazier, the unlimited plan will still be cheaper than the XXL plan they have. I agree with what someone said in the 950 XL Verizon thread when this came up, we're only going to be using more and more data, not less.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
My Icon is working just fine on Denim. When and if it dies, I still have a 928 to fall back on. Now, the price hike on the unlimited grandfathered plans may force us to rethink our options.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm leaving Verizon. They have the best coverage based on my experience, but AT&T is close enough. I have 6 months left on my contract so I might stay there until then, but I'm leaning towards paying the penalty and ditching them.

To be clear, this has little to do with the 950XLs availability. I just can't forgive them for refusing to update my Icon to the excellent Denim software for so many months, just because they wanted to get their ****ty apps that nobody uses to work. I know they don't care if I personally leave, I'm just a drop in the bucket, but it's the only tiny bit of power I have.

Then again, AT&T still hasn't updated the Lumia 830, right?
I guess the way to go is to get everything from Microsoft if possible. I'm not ditching WP yet. If I do it'll be for Android. Can't stand iPhones and iOS.

Wont ATT pay your ETF with a credit for switching?

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Stuck with Verizon. ATT coverage is nil at 3 of my work locations as well as at home. I'll probably see my Icon through the W10 release, but I gotta admit my wife's Note 5 is nice.

My history with them had been 822, 928, and Icon. What a fubar situation.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I am probably going to have to stay with Verizon as frustrating as it is. I am locked into a contract and have an awesome family plan with unlimited data and SMS for only $40/month. I have been with Verizon for a long time and only staying with them because i have to (economically speaking). I started with the Trophy, 822, and now the 929. I really want this phone like the rest of you, especially after seeing it first hand, touching it, and playing with it on October 6th. I tweeted to Verizon, check this out...what a JOKE LOL. I knew this tweet would do nothing but i just wanted to see how they would respond.

@DylanChadderton Oct 7: @verizon @VerizonSupport (1/2) As a VZW customer i would like to purchase the Lumia 950XL please make it available or support an unlocked version!

@DylanChadderton Oct 7: @verizon @VerizonSupport (2/2) ...when it (950XL) is officially released to the U.S. market. Thank you :)

Verizon Wireless CS ‏@VZWSupport Oct 7: @DylanChadderton Not to worry! Stay updated with our latest devices and services through our email updates: Verizon Wireless
~IA

Williaml99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I would like to get to a native windows 10 phone.
I have no contract so i will look into AT&T but I can find no one in this area (southeast Iowa) that uses AT&T because of lack of signal I guess. Short of that I will stay on Verizon because they treat me fairly well and the only place I can use a Windows phone. If Verizon gets a great Windows phone or if they work out something so Microsoft enables Verizon's CDMA bands and so on I will stay on. If any of the other carriers (very few in mainly rural area) allow and support semi-unlocked 950 and XL and have comparable coverage (i doubt) I will consider that. Once my ATIV-SE and my wife's 928 gets too old to deal with and none of the things mentions works out it is hello Android or iPhone. Still rooting for Windows platform but hope fading.

Samsung SCH-i700,Samsung SCH-i730,Samsung SCH-i760, Trophy, 822, ATIV-SE

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Exactly. I've been a Verizon customer for more than 20 years and they will be getting an earful. Not that the poor shop person an do anything about it. I've got AT&T internet and home phone, so why not. I think the coverage here is about the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb