I converted a friend to WP and .... :(

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, but it isn't, and my patience has just about run out. I've been a faithful WP user since WP7 with my Samsung Focus, and I'm just about done with WP. The 950 is a very pretty phone, and I really, really, want to continue using WP, but I'm getting to a point where apps I need just aren't there. I've been saying over and over "it'll get there, just hold off. The apps will come!" and here we are. They didn't come, and it doesn't look like they ever will come.

Yelp for WP is clunky and essentially garbage.
Drone Mobile has been "working on WP app" for years and still nothing.
CDW app is just the website, not even an app.
Official bank apps. Do they even exist?
ReadyNAS remote doesn't exist.
YouTube. YOU. TUBE.
Steam app doesn't exist.
Couples app doesn't exist.
Games are not as good and we get a lot of copycat games not even the official ones.
etc.
etc.

I wanted WP to succeed, and I had high hopes in it because I love the way it looks and functions. Everyone that has seen my phone asks what it is and has interest in it, and hell, some have even bought a WP on their own only to return it a few weeks later because they weren't happy with it. Even though I think WP does a lot right, it has a lot left to do.

Even the Blizzard Authenticator is already updated on both the iOS and Android version, while the WP version is still the very old one. I ran out of patience, and gotten myself a nice looking iPhone 6s Plus. No more resuming and reloading craps and no more worrying of missing apps.

MS can take their own sweet time all they want. Not keen on their phones anymore as I can also use their services on my iPhone as well.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Even the Blizzard Authenticator is already updated on both the iOS and Android version, while the WP version is still the very old one. I ran out of patience, and gotten myself a nice looking iPhone 6s Plus. No more resuming and reloading craps and no more worrying of missing apps.

MS can take their own sweet time all they want. Not keen on their phones anymore as I can also use their services on my iPhone as well.
What is a Blizzard Authenticator?

Santos lil elpair

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Checked out the new phones at the MS store...I missed the calendar and mail but those new phones feel super cheap and then the app problem is still pervasive. It is going to continue to be a huge barrier outside of the 3rd world.

Xsled

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
My phones have been remotely controlled for years now by Microsoft tech and I need need help identifying who it is and figuring out what to do about it. I've been the victim of fraud and all my accounts have been hacked numerous times. I have device info from old devices and my newest one. How can I use this info and who can help me read or view it?

Sent from my XT1019 using Tapatalk

Might be best to start another thread....

With that said, I cannot recommended two step authentication enough.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I converted a friend to windows phone and he returned it after 2 days and bought the new iPhone 6.
He loved the system but the apps that he uses are no there. He mention official apps like (vulkano, philips hue, google photos).
Microsoft needs to do some work before the new Lumias come to the market because it is going to be another disaster and only in use by fun base.

He even asked me. How can I use a phone without vendors official apps. (Door locks, smart lights, etc...)

:crying:

A very, very specific case with particular, narrow needs.

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Well you didn't exactly qualify your customer there =P

Bottom line is that if you like the W10M or the Lumia hardware then YOU need to contact the developer/company and say hey you don't have a W10 app. Why the heck not?! Then explain astoria/islandwood OR mention the 110 million + users they're not reaching on tablets and PCs.

I just switched to Android and of all the apps I seem to miss is the Sony Play Memories for my Sony DSLR. Outside of that everything is either manageable in the browser or not really necessary.