Android to Windows Switch..HELP!?

UserDemos

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Hey folks,

A little background. I'm a heavily entrenched Android user since the Evo 4G days and have service with several telecoms and own several phones as well. I saw the new presentation and I was really impressed, however, I need some help to see if the switch is right for me.

1) I use Google Voice to manage all of my numbers and phones. I heard that Skype doesn't allow number Port In, however, does allow forwarding. Does anyone know if this is true? Why don't they allow number Port In? Is it coming in the future? Any creative solutions around this?
2) I don't own a P.C., so Continuum really intrigues me. I've always owned PlayStation and loved being able to stream my PlayStation to my Sony phones and play remotely. Would I be able to stream XBoxOne to my phone and use Continuum to play on a monitor? What about streaming to a T.V. for Netflix or other apps like that?
3) I'm really interested in turning my home "smart". I know that Android has a big IoT platform and it'll be great with NEST and the other things they have coming down the pipeline. What about Windows? Is there a platform available? What products support it? Can it all be phone controlled and do apps exist for them?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I'm sure there are others in my boat who might have similar questions.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Android to Windows Switch...HELP!

Hi and welcome to WindowsCentral.

I've moved your thread to the Windows 10 Mobile forum, since you are interested in Windows 10 Mobile not desktop Windows 10.

cane prevost1

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Android to Windows Switch...HELP!

You can forward your google voice number to your cell phone number. That would be the easiest path I think. Nobody has continuum yet so exact features are a bit of speculation as of now.

UserDemos

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
You can forward your google voice number to your cell phone number. That would be the easiest path I think. Nobody has continuum yet so exact features are a bit of speculation as of now.

So, is there no way to make Skype the new Google Voice? If I just forward my service, everyone has weird phone numbers, don't they because I'll just get the forwarding number, not their real one, right?

Can you stream XBox to Windows Phone currently at all?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss