I was blind and now I can see..! (about neon green Lumia back covers)

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Disclaimer: I have never seen in person the neon green (kinda line a trademark) color on any Lumia phone till today!

So my approach to the Windows Phone world, one and a half years back was ''the boring person's way'' as I found out today...

I bought the Lumia 630 with the black back cover, nothing fancy.
After using and enjoying the phone I jumped into the internetz to find more Lumia devices because for the time,
I didn't know anything about the WP ecosystem.. (I was the regular dismissive Android-Joe)
And after seeing on videos and photos all this colorful covers on pretty much all of the Lumia devices,
I thought, ''why everyone is going nuts for this colors, they look childish!''

Fast forward 8 months, and I got the Lumia 730 which till this day I simply love, and again,
I bought it in ''dark grey'' because it was clear in my head that colors-are-childish.

Today there was in my way a shop which is dedicated to nokia (yes, nokia) accessories and I thought to myself ''why don't I check the colorful covers in order to have a complete view and find out why everyone loves them?''
I told the salesman to bring me the green ''neon green'' cover and as soon as I hold it in my hand and feel the slightly, but yet, not so rough mat texture, I felt instantly in love. I didn't eve thought it, this was an instabuy!

This is one of the things that videos and photos just can't show you, the feel and ''coolness'' in person, maybe the feeling is beyond words!
The color is, I guess, neon-y, extremely vibrant and It just looks SO-MUCH better than the seriously boring ''dark grey''.

I can literally say that this cover just changed my whole view on the colorful backs of the lumia devices and I can say without any doubt that I was extremely wrong in my first thoughts.
They are the equivalent of Nokia 3210 and 3310 covers which changed completely your phone at the time!
Now I can really feel why so many people don't like Microsoft's move of not making 950 and 950xl available in all the those trademark Lumia colors..
Yet again, there are 3rd party covers which look promising.. I feel that the 3210 era is starting all over again :p

I was blind and now I can see, the neon green is the bees-knees!!

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
My Lumia 830 looks very dashing with a dark grey aluminum frame and a neon green polycarbonate back. I'm considering purchasing an orange shell and maybe even a white one to change it up a bit.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Talking about neon green, I got an idea hahah.. What if the covers glowed in the dark :D you know that plastic which glows when exposed to light .. What is it called? Well no more lost phones in the bed or outside :D

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Talking about neon green, I got an idea hahah.. What if the covers glowed in the dark :D you know that plastic which glows when exposed to light .. What is it called? Well no more lost phones in the bed or outside :D

It could also win the ''ravers phone of choice'' awards :p

the_moesiah

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
BLU makes some great, vibrant phones as well. I'm hoping they come out with one that supports Continuum.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3