Need advice regarding a new phone

MoveThatGeaRUp

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello fellow WP users,

I really can't make my mind up on what to do with new lumias being released and my beloved 920 getting old. I got mine almost 3 years ago, but it starts to "blue" screen lately and the internet explorer expierence, especially on mobile youtube, has been terrible because it crashes all the time.

The only device which I considered as a replacement was the 830 in the last year. I didn't fall in love with the 950 series (also too expensive) and I need to have glance, so no 930. But the problem is that the 830 won't be available forever or it will probably end anytime soon and I have no clue what its price development will look like then. I also should mention that I don't really care about a phone's hardware (in contrast to a pc), the design and look is my main focus.

I could wait for the windows 10 mobile for my 920 and see how that experience feels like, but I guess that won't happen this year at all.
My current plan is to wait until early december, constantly checking the 830 and maybe getting the insider preview running on my 920.

What would you do?
Thanks!:wink:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
There are two facts:
1. No phone will last forever (you already mentioned that); and
2. New phones will always be introduced.

Given these, the simplest route would be to consider your budget for what's currently available, and if any one of them suits your needs and tastes (Lumia 830) then go for it. This is much better than waiting forever.

P.S.
I've got a Lumia 1020, almost two years old; now I'm waiting for the official Windows 10 update (although the L1020 hasn't been included in the list of phones that will get the official update as of this moment). If I wanted a "new" phone with glance, I'd get an 830 since it's now officially included in the list of phones that will receive the official Windows 10. If glance wasn't among my requirements, Lumia 930 sounds good.

(Unfortunately, I'm also looking forward to the successor to the L1020, so none of these phones meet my requirements. In your case, however, the L830 should be good - given the two facts above).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05