sorry i had to leave.

charlie2128

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Im new to android and I'm still setting up. The main reason im putting this out to you all is that Windows OS is much better than android and ios. I can say this now as I've experience in both.

The only reason i left was apps, the pure choice of apps but this is where i found out a big problem with WP. It's not that Windows/ Microsoft are rubbish but app developers, mainly the big names, as they set the trend for others to follow. Everything works better and smother on android. We shouldn't be annoyed at microsoft as th they have produce brilliant quality phones and with W10 have a top level OS.

It's the developers we should be getting annoyed at, as there the ones not developing and creating new and better apps. We should send complaints on media and emails to these developers to complain. Maybe the all own shares in Android and IOS.

I love Windows 10 on my sp3, can't wait for the Xbox OS to be released.
My departure is a short time thing, hopefully the app gap will close with the introduction with universal apps and the soon hopeful release of the two bridges for other os apps to be easily moved across two years I'll be back as i miss so much of windows OS, as it's so simple and logical to use. Android is all over the show!

Ps i moved from the lovely L930 to LG G4.
Using all of Microsofts apps instead of android where i can.

Whats your thoughts on who to blame for the app front?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Im new to android and I'm still setting up. The main reason im putting this out to you all is that Windows OS is much better than android and ios. I can say this now as I've experience in both.

The only reason i left was apps, the pure choice of apps but this is where i found out a big problem with WP. It's not that Windows/ Microsoft are rubbish but app developers, mainly the big names, as they set the trend for others to follow. Everything works better and smother on android. We shouldn't be annoyed at microsoft as th they have produce brilliant quality phones and with W10 have a top level OS.

It's the developers we should be getting annoyed at, as there the ones not developing and creating new and better apps. We should send complaints on media and emails to these developers to complain. Maybe the all own shares in Android and IOS.

I love Windows 10 on my sp3, can't wait for the Xbox OS to be released.
My departure is a short time thing, hopefully the app gap will close with the introduction with universal apps and the soon hopeful release of the two bridges for other os apps to be easily moved across two years I'll be back as i miss so much of windows OS, as it's so simple and logical to use. Android is all over the show!

Ps i moved from the lovely L930 to LG G4.
Using all of Microsofts apps instead of android where i can.

Whats your thoughts on who to blame for the app front?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

I am doing the exact same thing right now...and trust me...I've been "waiting" since Windows MOBILE 6.5. Serious. I am up to the Lumia ICON with 10 Insider preview but batter life is so poor and I don't want to "digress" back to 8.1, that when a Galaxy Note 5 came my way, I just had to try it out.

This is painful to leave my favorite platform but also being a Verizon customer, I see no immediate future for Windows Phone flagships.

Yes, it IS about the apps. We need to stop kidding ourselves...what else is a smartphone for? Just the "experience"...and trust me, I do prefer the Windows Phone "experience" more but I am finding this note 5 is so much more productive for me. Sure, I still am all in with Windows in other areas (Windows 10, Groove Music, Office 365, OneDrive, XBOX One) and it does fairly well on Android. Heck, even Cortana is far better than expected. But the APPS are simply better...period.

Question - I am using Outlook as my mail client but I also use the Sunrise Calendar because it has a better widget. What are you using for the SMS client? I am using Hangouts but it doesn't seem to sync with Outlook contacts, so I had to import them into Google but I'd rather not use Google for that...but I'd rather use Hangouts...LOL.

I can still go back to my ICON if need be but it is kind of hard now.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I am doing the exact same thing right now...and trust me...I've been "waiting" since Windows MOBILE 6.5. Serious. I am up to the Lumia ICON with 10 Insider preview but batter life is so poor and I don't want to "digress" back to 8.1

How's your battery life on the Icon with 572? I'm just getting it setup now, but the build is supposed to have significant battery improvements.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
How's your battery life on the Icon with 572? I'm just getting it setup now, but the build is supposed to have significant battery improvements.

Since the Note 5 is, at the moment, is my daily driver, it is hard to say so far. I upgraded and reset and I left it idle for an hour and was down 11% but I know a reset has some things it does to "settle down." I am not sure if and when I'll make it my driver again because quite frankly, the Note 5 has spoiled me with apps and performance.

But I will report back on the ICON. Ever since I went to 10 on the ICON, using the phone for an hour would kill it... :(

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
OP don't have to feel sorry about it. Is very normal for people to switch in / out of platforms. I have switched over to iPhone 6s Plus recently and its battery stamina is as good as the 1520 which I'm still holding onto. I decided to keep my 1520 around although my daily driver is the new iPhone. Because I'm would really like to have it running on the new Windows 10 OS once the update is available for it.

Personally, I'm not hyped about the announced 950 series. The duo have amazing hardware specs but specs is only part of the full user experience of a platform. Without good and updated apps supports, I will soon grow tired of the hardware and its camera. Let's see if Universal apps and Windows 10 will be able to salvage the current poor adoption rates of the platform.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
OP don't have to feel sorry about it. Is very normal for people to switch in / out of platforms. I have switched over to iPhone 6s Plus recently and its battery stamina is as good as the 1520 which I'm still holding onto. I decided to keep my 1520 around although my daily driver is the new iPhone. Because I'm would really like to have it running on the new Windows 10 OS once the update is available for it.

Personally, I'm not hyped about the announced 950 series. The duo have amazing hardware specs but specs is only part of the full user experience of a platform. Without good and updated apps supports, I will soon grow tired of the hardware and its camera. Let's see if Universal apps and Windows 10 will be able to salvage the current poor adoption rates of the platform.

I spent 5 days with the NOTE 5 and I am back on my ICON mainly due to loyalty to the platform. The Note 5 was a powerhouse, I did feel more productive and it just seemed more fun to use. But I think I'll tough it out a few more months to see how it ends up with Windows 10 and perhaps Verizon getting a flagship.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea