Why there is no tempered glass for Lumia 930, but we have for Samsung edge.

venki m

May 8, 2015
Visit site
There is no proper tempered or screen protector for Lumia 930 that covers entire screen. But these are easily available for Samsung edge. Edge is more curved than lumia 930..'but why we don't have it for Lumia 930......

Last edited:

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
There is no proper tempered or screen protector for Lumia 930.. But these are easily available for Samsung edge. Edge is more curved than lumia 930..'but why we don't have it for Lumia 930......

There is a protector for Samsung Edge, yes. I have yet to see one that fits the curve of the glass. To do so would make it impossible to apply properly due to needing the adhesive coating. It only fits the top part of the screen that isn't curved, and causes readability issues at the edge of the protector.

The same is true for the Lumia 930. YES, they DO make them for the Lumia 930. I have seen them as recently as just a few minutes ago when I did a search to see whether or not they were still offered. I found them on e-Bay, Amazon, and several other sites. It only took a simple Bing search to find them.

The issue here is that you are asking the wrong question, or your question makes a wrong assumption. The Tempered glass does exist for the Lumia 930. The problem with it is that it does not fit over the curved part of the glass which leaves part of it unprotected, just like the protectors fore the Samsung Edge.

venki m

May 8, 2015
Visit site
There is a protector for Samsung Edge, yes. I have yet to see one that fits the curve of the glass. To do so would make it impossible to apply properly due to needing the adhesive coating. It only fits the top part of the screen that isn't curved, and causes readability issues at the edge of the protector.

The same is true for the Lumia 930. YES, they DO make them for the Lumia 930. I have seen them as recently as just a few minutes ago when I did a search to see whether or not they were still offered. I found them on e-Bay, Amazon, and several other sites. It only took a simple Bing search to find them.

The issue here is that you are asking the wrong question, or your question makes a wrong assumption. The Tempered glass does exist for the Lumia 930. The problem with it is that it does not fit over the curved part of the glass which leaves part of it unprotected, just like the protectors fore the Samsung Edge.

: ).. Yeah . Updated the question... Thanks...

venki m

May 8, 2015
Visit site
If I go and ask for tempered glass or screen protector in a mobile store for Lumia 930 that fits entire screen. They look at me as though I came from different planet and say ' No we don't have, no manufacturer provide that fits entire screen for Lumia 930'

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
: ).. Yeah . Updated the question... Thanks...

Your updated question states the screen protectors fitting the entire screen of the Edge are available. Can you post a link proving this? I have not been able to locate any that cover the curved portion of the screen. Not saying you are wrong, only that I haven't seen them and don't know them to be available.

venki m

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Your updated question states the screen protectors fitting the entire screen of the Edge are available. Can you post a link proving this? I have not been able to locate any that cover the curved portion of the screen. Not saying you are wrong, only that I haven't seen them and don't know them to be available.
Hey :)... Below are few links that provide info about tempered glass for Samsung edge. There are lot you can find in web I had just shared 3 random links
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/subject/32343474139.html

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PVwtjVWiKPw

http://m.dhgate.com/product/0-26mm-curved-surface-full-screen-cover-tempered/215997036.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion