I'm a long time Android user who simply got bored and decided to try out the Windows Phone just because I just love the work Microsoft did with the desktop version of Windows 10. I got 640XL, I love the OS and the camera is great for the price, however I simply can't escape the reality of the apps ecosystem. I don't install a lot of apps, I just need the core apps to be on par with the Android and iOS. Do you think the situation will improve with Windows 10 starting with the 950XL? Or should I just wait out and get the Nexus 6P now and eventually get the Surface Phone? There are no contracts where I live, hence we have to pay the full amount upfront. So I am stuck with a phone for 3-4 years before I can upgrade.

Thank you!
    10-25-2015 07:35 AM
    If all the people like you who were thinking about it jumped on bored - the apps would come. If all the people like you wait for Surface phone, there will be no apps when surface phone arrives
    aximtreo and libra89 like this.
    10-25-2015 07:48 AM
    This is a fan site, so yes, most believe the situation will improve...we have to! Haha. If they don't think the situation will improve, I don't know why they would waste their time reading threads.

You don't have to get the 950XL right away, you can test out the new OS on your 640XL and if you still like what you see, spend the money then.
    k72 and aximtreo like this.
    10-25-2015 08:07 AM
    This is a fan site, so yes, most believe the situation will improve...we have to! Haha. If they don't think the situation will improve, I don't know why they would waste their time reading threads.

You don't have to get the 950XL right away, you can test out the new OS on your 640XL and if you still like what you see, spend the money then.
    The 640XL I am using is only a temporary phone, I need to buy a high end phone this December.
    10-25-2015 08:13 AM