There is a lot of upset WP Fans around these days, me included, Its been a real roller-coaster few years for our beloved Platform, we have seen both good and bad changes, windows phone 7.5, 8 and 8.1, Cyan, Denim and god knows how many other "This is gonna be it" updates expected. after we conquered Blackberry it was great and for a brief minute looked as though we were chasing the IPhone, the future looked good, we still had an App Gap but more and more high profile apps were appearing. Then queue Windows 10 and the change in company structure, there are some great well written articles on here about this very subject written by the very talented Windows Central team.

I think we can all agree Windows 10, was essentially the death of Windows Phone and maybe even the death of Windows mobile entirely and I believe it came about after the realisation at Microsoft that they will never break into the mobile market with Android and IPhone just cleaning up.
    Now I have been very disappointed with what has been recently announced, sure the 950XL and 950 phones are ok, high spec but they have no "Wow Factor" they are just the same as every other Windows phone. My Personal favourite was the 925 this was a great looking phone but lacked the Wireless charging (yes I did the mod, it didn't work great).

Right now I am using the 930 as my personal daily driver and I use an iPhone 6s for work. I can honestly say the 930 on build 10572 is a great phone, I much prefer it than the IPhone 6s, its just the "APPS". Moving on.

So what can they do. What can Microsoft now do to wow the masses and bring over some market share??

There has been a lot of talk about the next big thing, lets get a string of ideas together see what we as the faithful fans can come up with.

Lets go.
    10-25-2015 01:11 PM
    If u want to know what is best in windows phone then, Your data is secure if you use a wp rather than using android or iPhone. It's UI also best among these .
    mshaw2k likes this.
    10-25-2015 01:19 PM
    giphy.gif
    libra89 and mshaw2k like this.
    10-25-2015 01:38 PM
    I think that 950/XL could be "Wow"-phones. Technically they are, by camera features they are, by Continuum they are.
    What if Apple presented their iPhone 7/7+ with a message "these are not the phones you are looking for"? Not so "Wow", just wow...
    10-25-2015 02:04 PM
    They are indeed great phones and I agree with Akkaler comments, but do you think that the masses of brainwashed Iphone and Android/Samsung users even care about that. I don't. The old Nokia advert with the monochromes queuing up for the next iPhone sums it up. Lumia was colour, that didn't work. Lumia was camera that didn't work. I much prefer using my 930 than the 6s, I find the operating system much better. The problem is how do we convince everyone else. And other articles allude to I don't think continuum is enough. It may however grab enterprise which is probably the way they are going.
    10-25-2015 04:26 PM
    @Mshaw2k... Thnx buddy. One more thing & that is Apart 'that' resuming bug it never got me in any kind of problem except my fault
    10-26-2015 09:11 AM
    I don't agree W10M is the death of Windows Phone, I see it as the beginning of a great mobile platform.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-26-2015 09:28 AM
    It's deffo the death of Windows Phone in the sense that what was Windows phone and what made Windows phone unique is now gone, but I agree it could be the start of something great. But what exactly can make it great that will draw people in. Exclusive apps certainly ain't on the list with all MSFT software going across all platforms.
    10-26-2015 04:48 PM