Good navigation app to replace Here Drive+

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Here Drive+ since getting my first Lumia 920. I like the app but it has some limitations. First is that it isn't very smart. I can set a destination and travel there fine, but on the return trip it likes to take a different route instead of just reversing my previous route. The biggest issue I have is the is really no way to customize a route. For example, when I go to visit my son the default route found by Drive+ takes me around NY City. I found another route that is almost the same length and time, only about 24 miles longer. If I could se waypoints then customizing the route would be easy. As it is, I have to setup three different routes and switch them as I go. This isn't all that hard to do but it would be better with waypoints. Here has been saying for a loooong time that this feature is "coming soon" but it's been three years or better now so I don't hold much hope on it happening.

I have been playing with an app called MapFactor that does allow setting waypoints but it won't allow me to search for a specific address (kind of a must have for a navigation app).

Does anyone have a recommendation for a nav app that uses downloaded maps, allows address searching and setting of waypoints? Free or cheap is also a plus.

Thanks.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I'll give Co-Pilot a try.

On a side note, I did figure out how to get MapFactor to map an address. I first start MapFactor. I then do a Cortana search for the address. Tap on the map that comes up and then the Directions icon. Then tap Start Voice navigation and MapFactor will plot a route to the address.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos