Adware on my WP8.1 / W10M device?

woe3000

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi I wonder if you could help me I have a lumia 640 LTE (UK) & i have started to get adware on my wp.8.1 (now upgraded to wp10 via insider program). I bought the phone 2 days ago & now its affecting my yahoo mail account - mypc's dont seem to be infected......any advice appreciated.
Cheers
Ian Roe UK

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Any third-party Windows Store browser with adblock?

Hi I wonder if you could help me I have a lumia 640 LTE (UK) & i have started to get adware on my wp.8.1 (now upgraded to wp10 via insider program). I bought the phone 2 days ago & now its affecting my yahoo mail account - mypc's dont seem to be infected......any advice appreciated.
Cheers
Ian Roe UK

If it's infected with malware as you've stated, I'd factory restore it and do not restore from any backups as they may also be infected. Delete any of your phone backups from OneDrive also just to be safe. Then upgrade to latest build again.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Any third-party Windows Store browser with adblock?

You didn't get adware, nor are you infected by anything. You're just being served ads by a website that is targeting mobile browsers for advertisements. Hard resetting the device would achieve absolutely nothing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss