Brooke Brady

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Steam has recently updated their mobile app.This I don't care too much about, I mostly use it on PC anyway. But in the update is 2 factor authentication. This very much needed security feature is now locked to iOS and Android users, with windows phone getting shafted. I'm a steam user with over 300 games and over $3000 invested in my account, why do I deserve to have less security based on my phone choice?

I have browsed the steam website, and as expected there is no easy way to contact them over this decision. Is there anyone else out there in a similar situation that would like to let Valve know that we want a steam app, or at the very least, not left in the dark on a security feature provided to other platforms?

feeked

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I saw that and felt the same way. I like how they just state that you need a smartphone. Yeah, I have a smartphone, apparently that isn't actually enough!

It would make sense for them to have a Windows 10 app. Make it universal. Unfortunately, they have felt extremely threatened by the Windows app store since it launched, so I don't see them doing anything to participate in it, despite their users needs.

Really wish they had a contact for this too.

Brooke Brady

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
They do have Steam Support... its hard to reach, it doesn't have regular responses, infact it takes weeks, and the responses are usually irrelevant. I ove the fact they have introduced 2 factor, ive loved it since they introduced steam guard on PC... but to now do it on mobile and leave windows phone in the lurch, its just not right.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon