The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-01-2015 04:21 PM
56 123
tools
    Yep Thats pretty much where I am now. I was using a OnePlus One during the year. I then moved back and bought Lumia 930. However in the last week I have gone to a Samsung Galaxy S6 because the OPO was a little large and the camera wasn't quite there.

It's about the apps. In fact I was pretty active encouraging app developers through feedback in the Windows Store. However I got another email from one at the weekend regarding an issue I reported earlier this year. He gave me the answer but revealed he wasn't fixing anything more because he had decided to withdraw the app.

So it's not just numbers. What I can see is that apps that are available have fewer functions than their Android or IOS versions. They are updated less often and they are disappearing. Local apps are the worst. My local transit, taxi firm, bus company, stores, coffee shops etc all have apps for Android and IOS but nothing for Windowsphone.

Micrsoft wrote off 7 billion from the Nokia acquisition. If they spent a few million on app development that would have helped a lot more than any volume of advertising.
    Ian_Superfly likes this.
    11-01-2015 02:33 PM
    Dude, You have seen what the 950XL can do right? Liquid cooled system for best Continuum experience, Iris scanner, amazing pure view camera +++ and Windows 10 when it's polished. But then I guess you have your Note 4 now and we have to wait. Will let you test out Continuum when I do get a 950XL, eventually. There is not even any word on when it is coming to SA hey. And One Note, what a gem! And there will be a surface phone next year too, you may want switch from Samsung and Android bro.
    If Verizon was getting or would allow the 950xl, I wouldn't have been tempted to even try a Note 5. I can't leave Verizon for the unforeseeable future and no flagship in the horizon. Plus, so tired of something GREAT to happen with WP. I do hope it will finally happen. Still want it to succeed and I do want a 950xl.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    11-01-2015 03:19 PM
    I have done the same with my Note 4, got Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote (use it heavily!), OneDrive, Outlook and Office Lens, and they all work beautifully, even with the SPen, its such a pleasure to use my Android with the MS ecosystem working so smoothly, the best is using OneNote between my Note 4, iPad and Laptop :D

Enjoy the Note5, its a fantastic device. The nice thing with Android is you get incredible devices e.g. Galaxy Note5, Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy S6 Edge+, LG G4, Nexus 6P, Xperia Z5 Premium , Moto X Pure etc... That have the best hardware, from Display, Camera, RAM, internal storage, fast charging, Finger print scanning etc... And then you have this huge and highly accommodating app ecosystem, from the best publishers and even games. :)
    Dude, You have seen what the 950XL can do right? Liquid cooled system for best Continuum experience, Iris scanner, amazing pure view camera +++ and Windows 10 when it's polished. But then I guess you have your Note 4 now and we have to wait. Will let you test out Continuum when I do get a 950XL, eventually. There is not even any word on when it is coming to SA hey. And One Note, what a gem! And there will be a surface phone next year too, you may want switch from Samsung and Android bro.
    11-01-2015 03:22 PM
    If Verizon was getting or would allow the 950xl, I wouldn't have been tempted to even try a Note 5. I can't leave Verizon for the unforeseeable future and no flagship in the horizon. Plus, so tired of something GREAT to happen with WP. I do hope it will finally happen. Still want it to succeed and I do want a 950xl.

It's really quite sad how MS does not seem to be interested in a broader adoption of their hardware and would rather push out software and app services across every other platform. I almost got a G4 quite recently simply because I would have Cortana and the entire MS office app suite on there, heck their Android launcher is probably one of the best on the platform yet we get version after version of the Windows Mobile 10 preview with no RTM release date in sight and wait and wait for the new hardware.

I agree with you it is highly frustrating but I do not see myself going back to Android again. MS does need to get their act together though.
    11-01-2015 03:26 PM
    It's really quite sad how MS does not seem to be interested in a broader adoption of their hardware and would rather push out software and app services across every other platform. I almost got a G4 quite recently simply because I would have Cortana and the entire MS office app suite on there, heck their Android launcher is probably one of the best on the platform yet we get version after version of the Windows Mobile 10 preview with no RTM release date in sight and wait and wait for the new hardware.

I agree with you it is highly frustrating but I do not see myself going back to Android again. MS does need to get their act together though.
    Yeah... the point of my post was not to trash Windows Phone or Microsoft at all. But as a long time fan and a Verizon user, I do have to seek other devices right now. To be honest, I am quite surprised how the Microsoft ecosystem does work on Android even if I would rather be back on Windows Phone.

It is incredibly frustrating in kind of disheartening how things are working out right now with Windows Phone and Verizon

11-01-2015 03:30 PM
    ...I can't leave Verizon...
    This is an insurmountable obstacle then, but as you indicate, nothing in this thread will alter it.

Yeah... the point of my post was not to trash Windows Phone or Microsoft at all. But as a long time fan and a Verizon user, I do have to seek other devices right now.
    So the rest is the same talk that is going on in several other threads. Honestly this whole thing could have gone in the http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...ment-here.html thread. Please continue discussions there.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 12-03-2015 at 04:39 PM. Reason: cleanup on aisle 5
    11-01-2015 04:21 PM
56 123