Music problem

missylob

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Ive asked this before in general questions & on another website with no answers so gonna try one more time. Have Lumia 1520 8.1, never tried updating to 10 so upgrade bugs aren't gonna be the cause. When open music app on phone, the original app that is on phone when first get phone, has been Xbox music for me, all my music is gone. When tap on any of the folder options & search options only get blank screen. There are no images that show up, app has become completely empty & unusable. Did something change with music that app worked one day then the next day was empty? I know there is groove but I haven't tried as I thought was just a windows 10 thing. Going on a couple weeks of no music app, would like to get this figured out so really appreciate any sort of answers or help.

Demian Mioc

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi, first of all you can check where is your music located and stored on phone. On phone or SD memory card all music needs to be in Music folder, because Xbox Music looks for music only in that location. Second, you can check if your SD card is working, readable, without errors and can be opened in phone via Storage sense. Third you can try this: Xbox music displays little notification in the upper left when you are accessing Albums/Artists/Songs/Search. That little notification allows you, when clicked, to select location of your music: All, Phone, Sd, Offline, Streaming etc. Select option where is your music stored. Also you can check on your Pc if your music is playable and non corrupted, note that it won't play some exotic formats :D In Xbox music there is option to Sync your collection, so select it and wait till its done syncing (do that if you recently added new songs).
Finally, if none of this helped, duh, open Store and download yourself some other Music/Video player. I've used VLC player, which is very useful, you can even play music from selected folder,! which is awesome, and Loco music player, which offers theme customizations and looks similar to Xbox music.
Hope it helps!

missylob

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Xbox hasnt let me sign in since lost music & OneDrive wont upload music, keeps saying theres an error, even tho most of my music has all been purchased from zune/xbox. So I took ur suggestion & just downloaded different music player, think perfect music its called. Im pretty dumb when comes to this stuff, perfect music seemed easy enough for me. Thanks for all ur help!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett