Sad day!!!...have to switch to Android...ugh

Chef316

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I never thought i would be in this situation but...At this time I am unable to order the 950 or 950xl direct from Microsoft to run on T-Mobile US. My speaker went out on my L925 and they no longer have any refurbished units to replace my broken one. They have some really good deals on Android devices, way better prices than the iPhone 6 or 6s, so I will most likely getting one of those until Microsoft and T-Mobile decide they are going to work together to have WM10 devices available. I know what some of you will say, "switch carries"...but sadly at this time I cannot afford to switch. I will still be on this community. Thankful there is an Android version of this app. Will also be joining in on Android Central.

Having said all of that. I will most likely be getting the Samsung S5 because it's on sale right now. Any tips and tricks you all have would be extremely helpful and make my transition easier (the only smartphones I ever have owned are Windows Phones). What case should I get, what apps should I download (calendar, alarm, torch, loyalty cards, news, weather...the basics you know?) etc.

Also I am looking for a way to transfer my contacts to the Android device that is free and easy...but I have yet to find a way to do so....any tips there would also be helpful.

Hopefully I will be back to using windows phone within a year or so either when my financial situation gets better or T-Mobile starts carrying WM10 devices. I really like where W10 is heading.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You know you can find T-Mo branded Windows Phones all over teh interwebz right? Some are even BNIB...

Heck, if you don't mind not having WiFi calling that opens the field even more. The Go Phone 640 is only $60 at Walmart or Best Buy and you can unlock it in a jiffy on the ATT unlock portal.

I'm not sure how you are giving in so easily if you really want a Windows Phone?

Chef316

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
You know you can find T-Mo branded Windows Phones all over teh interwebz right? Some are even BNIB...

Heck, if you don't mind not having WiFi calling that opens the field even more. The Go Phone 640 is only $60 at Walmart or Best Buy and you can unlock it in a jiffy on the ATT unlock portal.

I'm not sure how you are giving in so easily if you really want a Windows Phone?

I have looked and looked through scores of devices online. I need a branded T-Mobile device, new, with all the warranties etc., with Wifi calling and don't want to pay outright because I can only afford to pay so much a month and don't want to charge it on a credit card.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
$42.99 and free shipping for a stopgap phone. The 635 isn't a 925, but it keeps you rolling and is not a bad little phone. I've used one and recommend them to people. Just got my in-laws a pair for their first smart phones.

http://www.amazon.com/T-Mobile-Noki...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3275180

I mean if you want to go, then groovy. Just do it. But stating that you are being forced to buy an Android on installments is just making an excuse for yourself.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Could always replace the speaker, Nokia's aren't hard to open up (I think the 925 just needs a suction cup).

Get the piece from eBay and look up tutorials on YouTube.

Bonus : Cheaper than a new phone, and wasn't Microsoft going to announce a kind of "monthly payment plan" for the 950 and 950 XL? I thought I heard about that last week on Windows Central.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Samsung S5 under my JUMP upgrade plan on T-Mobile: $5.00 upfront and $20.00 a month after that. It's about how much I can afford per month. Im on a very tight budget per months now.

What about taxes? Even a "zero down" phone requires you to pay the sales tax up front.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6