Can I use my sd card to keep game data when switching phones or hard resetting?

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if putting Terraria on my sd card will mean that if I have to hard reset my phone or get a new one that I will be able to keep all of my game progress, does anyone know if it works like that? Terraria and many other games still don't have a cloud save feature on our platform so that's why I'm asking. I've invested a lot of time in Terraria, not to mention I've already had to restart from scratch several times, I REALLY don't want to start over AGAIN. EVER.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Please use Ask a Question only for time critical help issues that affect the immediate functionality of your device.

Didn't know that! Sorry!

"Ask a question" doesn't sound like it's only meant to be used for urgent problems...
Maybe change it to "Need help with a critical issue?"?

Akkaler

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately u can't keep ur data safe. Try to connect ur game to fb of something integrated connectivity app so u can store ur data there. Like fb stores data of asphalt 8.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately u can't keep ur data safe. Try to connect ur game to fb of something integrated connectivity app so u can store ur data there. Like fb stores data of asphalt 8.

Thanks for the answer! I guess I just have to wait and hope that the Terraria devs will add cloud save support in the future.

Btw are you sure Facebook stores game data for Asphalt 8? I'm pretty sure Gameloft stores that data themselves and uses Facebook login to verify a user across different devices.

Akkaler

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Nope u just got something wrong about asphalt 8. Eventually facebook stores the data as u log in onto facebook and then wait for a while to complete the data sync with fb. And I'm pretty sure about this as I already done it before.
Only thing u have to remember is if u are going to connect fb as a cloud storage then u will lose ur previous local data.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
"Ask a question" doesn't sound like it's only meant to be used for urgent problems...
Maybe change it to "Need help with a critical issue?"?

It's really a guest facing service that allows people to post questions to the board without signing up. It also says "Answers in 5 minutes" on the tin.

Try as we might, the excellent members here can not keep up with the traffic and live up to that. :winktongue:

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
It's really a guest facing service that allows people to post questions to the board without signing up. It also says "Answers in 5 minutes" on the tin.

Try as we might, the excellent members here can not keep up with the traffic and live up to that. :winktongue:

I'm using the app, which just says "ask a question" without providing any other information on what that question should be about.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Nope u just got something wrong about asphalt 8. Eventually facebook stores the data as u log in onto facebook and then wait for a while to complete the data sync with fb. And I'm pretty sure about this as I already done it before.
Only thing u have to remember is if u are going to connect fb as a cloud storage then u will lose ur previous local data.

That's odd, I don't see why Facebook would be the one storing the data, but whatever.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre