How to edit slow motion videos in new W10M camera app?

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Hey all, I have a Lumia 1520 and just downloaded the new camera app. I can record slow motion, however when I click Edit in Slow Motion, it just reopens itself, and I cannot seem to find any other controls from the menu. Can someone shed some light?

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: How to edit slow motion videos?

apparently (only from what I've read. I have not installed any of the recent W10M builds on my phone since my spare phone was bricked) you will have to download a separate photo plug-in file to enable editing those slow-mo videos. I don't have the links, but I'm pretty sure reading the comments from the announcement post here in Windows Central will shed some light.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site

Can't click that link. I have a HOSTS file in place for adblocking, and it appears that Windows Central no longer has direct links and must click through an ad. Pathetic.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

I got mine to edit on my Icon. Just followed the link to the store and got the editing app.

marksu

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

Hey all, I have a Lumia 1520 and just downloaded the new camera app. I can record slow motion, however when I click Edit in Slow Motion, it just reopens itself, and I cannot seem to find any other controls from the menu. Can someone shed some light?

I had to remove Lumia Moments app first. Then when trying to edit Slow Motion video i was directed to download Photos Plug-in and now it works.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site

Yeah I removed that app, thanks for the heads up. Now when I click edit it says I need an app, it goes to the store and says the Microsoft Photos Plug-In is installed. So its still not working and I cannot find the app to uninstall it.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site

OK, now its working. I removed some ancient third party Camera and photo apps and the store would allow me to install it, and then ask me where to install, since I have it set to SD card and the app must be stored on the phone itself. Tried editing and it works. Pretty neat. Thanks all for your help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss