I prefer 4.5", what are my best options?

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
So I'm in the somewhat odd spot of wanting to just get the 950 for its specs, but actually really prefer the 4.5" and smaller devices. Worked out great when the 920/1020s were the top of the line, but doesn't seem to be a lot now.

I really want at least a 720p display, which seems to be not around in the new devices of that size range. Is my best option to get an old 920/925 or 1020? I'm just concerned that their older processors will feel noticeably slower than what we would consider lower-tier phones today. I'm loving the 640 I have now, though I like the size of my 520 better.

Any suggestions?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Why not the 735? It's a little bigger at 4.7, but smaller than the 640.

I can relate to you though, I'm eyeing the upcoming 550 for its specs, and it's also 4.7 inches. It seems like phones with decent specs are hard to find on devices less than 5".

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I found considering the bezels on the 920 and such, the 5" phones are similar in size. Comparing the 830 to the 920 the 830 just seems taller and that's about it. Although I'll admit its a bit more of a pain and just a bit above the upper end of my size tolerance.
(something something "phrasing")

The 735 is actually not so bad of a burden when I test drove it in store. The 640 though felt big, but I don't think its bad.

Maybe we'll have to go BLU or something, although I'm not 100% familiar with their models.

keithhackneysmullet

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
So I'm in the somewhat odd spot of wanting to just get the 950 for its specs, but actually really prefer the 4.5" and smaller devices. Worked out great when the 920/1020s were the top of the line, but doesn't seem to be a lot now.

I really want at least a 720p display, which seems to be not around in the new devices of that size range. Is my best option to get an old 920/925 or 1020? I'm just concerned that their older processors will feel noticeably slower than what we would consider lower-tier phones today. I'm loving the 640 I have now, though I like the size of my 520 better.

Any suggestions?
Don't get get screen size mixed up with the physical size of a phone . A modern day 5-5.2 inch phone is going to be around the same size as old phones like the 920. I use the size comparison tool at phonearena to get an idea of the size of a phone compared to one I already have don't forget to calibrate the tool if you use it on your desktop. I would get the 950 . Those old phones are obsolete and I don't think your going to see a 4.5 inch screen windows phone , but a 5 inch withe really small bezels would be about the same size .

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Don't get get screen size mixed up with the physical size of a phone . A modern day 5-5.2 inch phone is going to be around the same size as old phones like the 920. I use the size comparison tool at phonearena to get an idea of the size of a phone compared to one I already have don't forget to calibrate the tool if you use it on your desktop. I would get the 950 . Those old phones are obsolete and I don't think your going to see a 4.5 inch screen windows phone , but a 5 inch withe really small bezels would be about the same size .

Even though the Icon and 928 are close to the same size, I actually found the 928 more useable because the reach to the lower buttons is easier when using it one handed. But the Icon won out because of better specs, sounds like I may have to make the same choice on my next phone.

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

I do like the small bezels, but I like the 4.5" screen size for the fact I can reach the entire screen easily without moving my hand at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99