Why Windows over Android?

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Why WM10 over Android? Strictly speaking, I'd say UWP for starters. Then OneDrive integration, but hate the changes MS made to it (not to beat a dead horse). With those two, you theoretically have seamless transition between your W10 ecosystem devices.

Example: You work on your presentation on your desktop at home. Bring your mobile to the office and present at the office without having to copy the work you created to and from devices. It's all on your OneDrive. You do not have to worry about using multiple software because of UWP. The look and feel would be nearly identical from device to device. No crazy extra learning curves. The experience on your Desktop computer is similar to the on your mobile device (laptop, tablet, phone, etc.).

It's a better over all experience from using an desktop at home, then having to email yourself the file and retrieve on your computer at work, or copy it to a flash drive. Granted that is easy, but OneDrive and UWP makes it even easier.

And also WM has just been acknowledged as being more secure than other phone OSes. But that's probably security through obscurity. I also like being on a rather unique platform. Using IOS and Android for so many years gets dull. I still use them, but for the time being, I prefer W10 ecosystem for the streamlining. Even though apps are lacking. I have what I really need. But those banking apps....sigh.

Everything else is fluff. Cortana, looking at you. She means well though. Glance, 3D touch, Hello, notifications, etc. I just feel no matter what MS comes up with, no one is gonna be satisfied.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Why WM10 over Android? Strictly speaking, I'd say UWP for starters. Then OneDrive integration, but hate the changes MS made to it (not to beat a dead horse). With those two, you theoretically have seamless transition between your W10 ecosystem devices.

Example: You work on your presentation on your desktop at home. Bring your mobile to the office and present at the office without having to copy the work you created to and from devices. It's all on your OneDrive. You do not have to worry about using multiple software because of UWP. The look and feel would be nearly identical from device to device. No crazy extra learning curves. The experience on your Desktop computer is similar to the on your mobile device (laptop, tablet, phone, etc.).

It's a better over all experience from using an desktop at home, then having to email yourself the file and retrieve on your computer at work, or copy it to a flash drive. Granted that is easy, but OneDrive and UWP makes it even easier.

And also WM has just been acknowledged as being more secure than other phone OSes. But that's probably security through obscurity. I also like being on a rather unique platform. Using IOS and Android for so many years gets dull. I still use them, but for the time being, I prefer W10 ecosystem for the streamlining. Even though apps are lacking. I have what I really need. But those banking apps....sigh.

Everything else is fluff. Cortana, looking at you. She means well though. Glance, 3D touch, Hello, notifications, etc. I just feel no matter what MS comes up with, no one is gonna be satisfied.

You do realize that OneDrive is on all OSs and is nothing special for W10?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately this thread has veered off-topic several times, and in order to try to keep some semblance of usefulness to the community, let's close it here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos