6tag and People Hub Integration

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I know this is more or less something Rudy Huyn can answer or divulge to us more but I also wanted to throw it out there to the public to garner any thoughts or knowledge.

We all know Instagram doesn't seem to give a rat's behind about the Windows platform. Luckily 6tag goes way above and beyond as a suitable alternative. My question/thought is, was there any plan going forward to sync/connect/hook 6tag users with the People Hub? This is something I think that can set 6tag apart from the native app and also be something that sets Instagram itself from other platforms. When Windows Phone 7 first came out, a big emphasis was put on aggregation and how everything sycn'ed seamlessly within the OS. Now, since then, we all know that a lot of that was tweaked out of the OS (for very valid reasons). Still, it's still a powerful tool and definitely a differentiation among OS's and Microsoft can push more of this type of integration with their apps! 6tag could be a start! What are all your thoughts?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No. I think it's too late. WhatsApp does not even have the integration.

And Microsoft announced that there will be universal apps for windows 10 for : Instagram, facebook, facebook messenger.

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
No. I think it's too late. WhatsApp does not even have the integration.

And Microsoft announced that there will be universal apps for windows 10 for : Instagram, facebook, facebook messenger.

I think messenging apps like WhatsApp should hook into the Messenger app in Windows 10 / Windows 10 Mobile. In terms of syncing the users and contacts of apps like WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger into the People Hub, that would be great too! Similar to what Telegram currently does.

Instagram and Facebook should def. sync with contacts in the People Hub.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClareceKeard