I feel like some tech journalist will say and do anything just to shed some negative light on Microsoft. So i've just read an article on techradar about how Microsoft's CEO Sattya owns an iphone and what is on his screen.
    they have written:

"Microsoft's Satya Nadella has just given us a look at what he has on the home screen of his iPhone - yes, he owns one of Apple's handsets"

In contects of not even Microsoft's CEO is using wp, but in the video of presentation (he explicitly said it is not his phone).
    So not only they are posting old news, but are also showing it in negative light.
    I wish it would be possible for Microsoft to change the mindset of this hateful people :)
    Derver09, RumoredNow and 920Walker like this.
    11-12-2015 12:39 AM
    There are alot of negativeness about iPhone as well - static rows of icons, stale UI, too many steps required for certain actions, and even names like iFruit, fruit phones, etc etc.... But hey, I have switched over to iPhone 6s+ recently and so far, it has been a very pleasant experience for me! No more worries lacking of regional apps, no more resuming nonsense, and I get to enjoy a much better and polished apps and games.

So, does it really matter how journalists or others trying to bad mouth a certain OS or brands? As long as you like it, use it! If Windows 10 mobile is really such a excellent product, time will prove that they are wrong. Why worry???
    libra89, theefman and colinkiama like this.
    11-12-2015 01:35 AM
    There's three basic facts that explain this.

1) Websites gain revenue mostly through advertising
    2) The more people who read a new story on the web page, the more revenue the site develops
    3) Obviously writing stories that are contentious generates more hits when readers spread the links around
    11-12-2015 01:54 AM
    I do appreciate the OP did not post a link which only feeds the clickbaiters.

TY.
    11-12-2015 10:11 AM
    Will Satya lose his 30gigs of camera roll storage?
    11-12-2015 10:18 AM
    No, he's got his "empowerment" OneDrive bonus. He won't be losing that anytime soon.
    920Walker likes this.
    11-12-2015 10:20 AM
    In contects of not even Microsoft's CEO is using wp, but in the video of presentation (he explicitly said it is not his phone).
    Today's journalist seem to have no one holding them to any standards like journalists of 50 years ago. 50 years ago, they would have been sued for liable and put out of business, and possibly gone to jail. Now they claim it's their right to free speech and all that garbage. Lying in print is wrong, and they should be taken to court. Problem is, Satya won't take them to court, because of bad karma and all. If they said that about Tim Cook, they'd get a subpoena for a law suit so fast they'd probably get whiplash.
    No, he doesn't have just 30 gigs. While Office Users get 1TB, he's most likely got the Microsoft Executive Plan that gives him unlimited storage. Part of the perks, I'm sure. I'm not saying he's got unlimited, just that it would not surprise me one bit.
    Andraz Podjaversek likes this.
    11-12-2015 10:49 AM
    When you guys say not to worry i really hope you are right. I want MS to succeed, because competition is good and there is space for 3 mobile platforms. Ok, Microsoft can't be really compared to apple because apple doesn't make apps for other platforms which is why they probably don't need to use anything else, but compared to google you never see post about Google's CEO having Iphone instead of a nexus or something similar... It gets really annoying like, ok I get it that not everyone likes Microsoft but spreading lies is just wrong..
    11-12-2015 12:32 PM
    When you guys say not to worry i really hope you are right. I want MS to succeed, because competition is good and there is space for 3 mobile platforms. Ok, Microsoft can't be really compared to apple because apple doesn't make apps for other platforms which is why they probably don't need to use anything else, but compared to google you never see post about Google's CEO having Iphone instead of a nexus or something similar... It gets really annoying like, ok I get it that not everyone likes Microsoft but spreading lies is just wrong..
    Apple does have three apps on the Google Play Store. Apple does have an Andriod devolopers team it got from buying Beats Electronics.
    11-12-2015 05:42 PM
    So, does it really matter how journalists or others trying to bad mouth a certain OS or brands? As long as you like it, use it! If Windows 10 mobile is really such a excellent product, time will prove that they are wrong. Why worry???
    In life the best product doesn't always win. In the VHS v Betamax wars VHS was able to dominate and out wasn't due to superior video quality. JVC went for recording/playback time instead and ultimately won out.
    11-12-2015 05:57 PM
    Journalists don't need to portray Microsoft in a bad light to make people dislike Microsoft. Microsoft is quite capable of making people dislike them all on their own. 2 examples are the Xbox One launch and the One Drive changes. There are more examples I could give but you get the idea....

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    11-13-2015 03:24 AM