WP/W10M is now at a market share of pathetic 1.7%.
    Do you still think it as good to give the competition all aces (office, OneDrive, OneNote, Cortana, Xbox, Office lens etc)?
    And, is Nadella still the "Mastermind" that will save Windows phones?

Source: Gartner
    11-19-2015 06:58 AM
    As soon as w10m launches, stop thinking about the market share of the devices, and start thinking about the market share of the OS, its huge.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-19-2015 07:04 AM
    That's not overall market share, but percentage of sales from last quarter.
    11-19-2015 07:20 AM
    That's not overall market share, but percentage of sales from last quarter.
    I.e market share of sold phones....
    11-19-2015 07:43 AM
    I.e market share of sold phones....
    Market share of phones sold in a quarter is a big difference from overall market share of devices in use.

It shouldn't be any surprise that sales were low in a quarter where we saw no new phones introduced and when 3 new models were expected the following quarter.

i.e., common sense.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-19-2015 11:43 AM
    Market share of phones sold in a quarter is a big difference from overall market share of devices in use.

It shouldn't be any surprise that sales were low in a quarter where we saw no new phones introduced and when 3 new models were expected the following quarter.

i.e., common sense.
    IIRC marketshare actually went up year over year by about 60k units...
    tangledW, libra89 and RumoredNow like this.
    11-19-2015 12:22 PM
    The devil is in the details...

The quarterly drop does not stun me given the reasons others have listed above. It was a lull last quarter. The 640/XL buyers spent their cash and then what???

Now we'll see after Q4 if the trend continues. Not only is 950/XL out, but many still relevant models will bump up to 10 this Quarter or soon after. Expect a rebound.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-19-2015 03:50 PM
    The devil is in the details...

The quarterly drop does not stun me given the reasons others have listed above. It was a lull last quarter. The 640/XL buyers spent their cash and then what???

Now we'll see after Q4 if the trend continues. Not only is 950/XL out, but many still relevant models will bump up to 10 this Quarter or soon after. Expect a rebound.
    Please, keep this post and get back after Q1 / 16 ...
    I\ll eat my hat IF Windows phones beats 3%
    emjey and rmeigs like this.
    11-19-2015 04:02 PM
    I'm just not going to panic.

We knew Microsoft was making a change of course.
    11-19-2015 04:43 PM

i.e., common sense.
    No major software update either. Windows Phone 8.1 is well past a year old.
    libra89 and RumoredNow like this.
    11-19-2015 04:55 PM
    WP/W10M is now at a market share of pathetic 1.7%.
    Do you still think it as good to give the competition all aces (office, OneDrive, OneNote, Cortana, Xbox, Office lens etc)?
    And, is Nadella still the "Mastermind" that will save Windows phones?

Source: Gartner
    I bailed last month from WP after many years -- my first was a Samsung Focus Flash. Some of the best I've owned were the 920, 1020, and 1520. I still give the edge to WP10 over iOS or Android, but the key for me has always been the ecosystem. WPs simply integrated with MS software and services so well compared to iOS or Android, it was a no brainier. But, that is not the case now -- and thank you Mr. Nadella. My new Apple 6s Plus has every MS program I need including my beloved Office Lens. I'm even running Cortana perfectly.

MS is a software company, not a hardware vendor like Apple. There past, present, and future is in great cross-platform software and services. In my Apple 6s Plus, I now have every banking, transit, hiking, and special apps I've always wanted along with a Microsoft dominated smartphone. The UI doesn't come close to WP10, but getting the job done with the tools I need is more important to me than the UI.

One could wish it wasn't so, but I hold little hope for WPs in the short- or mid-term here in the US.
    11-25-2015 10:38 PM
    Im even running Cortana perfectly.
    Saaayyy, want to enlighten us? ;)
    11-25-2015 11:46 PM
    Saaayyy, want to enlighten us? ;)
    MS has made Cortana a cross platform service. As part of the Windows Insider Program, I'm running the Cortana for iOS beta. An Android beta is also available. The only thing not implemented that I've noticed so far is "Hey Cortana." Also, she needs to be ingegrated with the various MS apps. For example, when I want to schedule a new meeting, she defaults to the Apple calendar program instead of Outlook -- or maybe I haven't figured it out yet.
    11-26-2015 12:41 PM
    Meanwhile, Cortana is still unavailable worldwide.....
    Ian_Superfly likes this.
    11-26-2015 08:09 PM
    MS has made Cortana a cross platform service. As part of the Windows Insider Program, I'm running the Cortana for iOS beta. An Android beta is also available. The only thing not implemented that I've noticed so far is "Hey Cortana." Also, she needs to be ingegrated with the various MS apps. For example, when I want to schedule a new meeting, she defaults to the Apple calendar program instead of Outlook -- or maybe I haven't figured it out yet.
    Awww, I've applied for the Cortana for iOS Beta but never got a response :(

But cool.
    rmeigs and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-26-2015 09:06 PM