Having a hard time, can I get some help?

dda_k

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Having hard time.

Heya,
I've been using Windows platform since Windows Phone 7 (Nokia Lumia 900) and just now with Windows 10, with Windows 10 Mobile I'm starting to have doubts.
I'm fan of Windows phone I got my whole family windows phone and they are using it but lately I've been looking at Andriod side. I had few Windows Phones - Lumia 900, Lumia 925 and now Lumia 930. I love designs of these phones. Oh and the Tiles, that is the best part of Windows. I really think that these phones have the best design of all time. I have yet to see better looking phones.
I have used Windows 10 insider for my lumia 930 and I hated it. The last build, which is suppose to get to users is awful. It's lagging, crashing, "resuming", store look awful and is very slow. camera has ALOT of glitches(It doesn't want to start, doesn't want to take photos, doesn't want to show photos etc.). I want to stay with Windows but there are many things that just makes me want to go to Android. My girlfriend asks if I have (example) SnapChat, what do you think I say? She uses it. I want to use it. The official app support is THE WORST THING. Instagram is still in beta! Twitter doesn't update it's official app etc., the only saviour is Rudy and he can't build apps for everything.
Alright, enough of my whining.
My question is - should I stay with Windows if there are so many things that I have to deal with or should I move to Android? I really want to stay with Windows but I can't bare with these things.
(No I won't carry 2 phones.)
Just help, no need to be aggressive.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Having hard time.

There's nothing we can say to you. If you feel the device and ecosystem no longer suites your needs, you should look into the alternatives and switch if it seems good to you. 'nuff said

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Do what works for you. If the apps are that important, you should just go. Instagram and Twitter will actually have win 10 apps. Apparently snap chat is reconsidering supporting windows mobile.

dda_k

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

It feels so weird for me to switch. I was always the one to make other switch from Andriod/iOs to Windows.
Still not sure. Maybe I should wait some time? Maybe Windows will get back on it's feet?

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Just switch out of Windows Phone, and you will find yourself in a much better world. Trust me. I moved over to iPhone 6s Plus recently, and man, so much more better app selections with iOS! I no longer have to worry about missing regional apps - especially banking ones. No more resuming and reloading nonsense. Apps are so much more polished as well in the Apple camp.

Windows 10 OS itself is nice. But when comes to app availability and quality, is still far from being ideal.

dda_k

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

I still don't want to leave Windows Phone.
Been checking Sony Xperia Z3, not the best Android but I don't want to get Samsung and don't want to spend too much on Android if I don't like it.
I think I'll stay on Windows platform till late January and we'll see what happens with Windows till then. If no good news till then I'm leaving the ship but with hopes of returning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99