Appcomparison confirms "Why android users should stick to android"

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
How on earth MS thought their non updated, under developed famous apps and non availability of google apps and providing them work around with worst third and party apps could actually get android users here? Gchat for hangout? UC for chrome? Like seriously????

Come on we as loyal WP fans can stick around re flaunting about we have best third party apps, we have windows 10 from scratch all that, but consumers, I mean CONSUMERS, really care whether official apps are there and are updated. They don't care what is the work around u have for them. They have got thousands of vendors with android phones unlike WP, better to go than listening and experimenting with work around apps, some of which are paid

JettleMania

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah; doesn't seem a smart move on behalf whomever at Microsoft made the decision to release that app--for sure a backfire if there ever was one. I used to appreciate the Nokia web app that helped me to see what I was giving up coming over to Windows Phone...

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Exactly, MS doesn't care regarding consumers rather more,on enterprise market. They just talk big things about windows phones, but truth is, it doesn't have even the basic things covered what people do in android. Particularly the timely updates of both OS and apps and the developer ecosystem it got.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Most consumers wouldn't know an "official" app from a 3rd party provider. Frankly, neither do I. As long as the app functions the way it's supposed to and is on par with the iOS or Android flavors, it could be developed by the monkeys at MetroZoo.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The worst thing I saw was the recommendation of TimmyMe for Starbucks. We don't even have Tim Horton's here, and one cannot use a Tim Horton's app at a Starbucks store.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The worst thing I saw was the recommendation of TimmyMe for Starbucks. We don't even have Tim Horton's here, and one cannot use a Tim Horton's app at a Starbucks store.

No Tim Horton's in SoFla either so don't feel too bad. What I noticed were some lame "similar to" mentions. OneDrive is NOT similar to Google Drive as far as apps go. They're similar services but one won't get you to the other. That would be like a McDonald's app on WP saying it's similar to a Wendy's app on Android. They're both dog food but they're not the same and you can't redeem rewards (if any exist). Maybe there should be a universal Alpo app for all fast food chains.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Well, to be fair, they both specialize in selling coffee. :angel:

The app also suggests Amazon for Walmart. Now, I'd much rather shop at Amazon than at Walmart Online, but it's difficult to order my prescriptions on Amazon's app and pick them up at the local store's pharmacy an hour later!

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Most consumers wouldn't know an "official" app from a 3rd party provider. Frankly, neither do I. As long as the app functions the way it's supposed to and is on par with the iOS or Android flavors, it could be developed by the monkeys at MetroZoo.

And the apps and Xbox games which work like that are 'paid' here. Even MS greatly differentiates how it develops apps in windows, android and iOS.

Jezza

May 8, 2015
Visit site

What I find fascinating is, there's no Starbucks app on Windows 10, but it's one of the few payment apps available on the Microsoft Band...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05