Why does Microsoft not sell all Microsoft phones in the Microsoft Store unlocked ?

kv200

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft has many phones ranging from one model with 3 or 4 carrier versions to many products for the Xbox, keyboards, mouses, software etc why not just sell everything there even if it was only 3 or 4 copies of each.

Why do they for example not sell every Lumia phone, Microsoft/Nokia dumbphone in stores unlocked.

The biggest ones that I could think of were/are the Lumia 520/21, 640 & 1320 you could find a carrier version but never unlocked in the USA. The At&t Lumia 520, T-Mobile Lumia 521, At&t Lumia 640, the T-Mobile lumia 640 for about 1 and 1/2 months and a few unlocked phones from Blu. They added the 640XL Unlocked months after it came out why not from the start ?

The 1320 which was basically nowhere except for Cricket stores.

An unlocked 640 can not be found in the USA. Plus the many more phones Microsoft has made or Nokia sold. Considering the crap with the T-Mobile 640 why didn't they just decide to carry the Unlocked version of the phone.

Whats the point of making the phones if you are not going to sell them in your own store ? You have a better chance of finding a unicorn or thunderbird in the wild than a unlocked Microsoft phone in a store.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft has many phones ranging from one model with 3 or 4 carrier versions to many products for the Xbox, keyboards, mouses, software etc why not just sell everything there even if it was only 3 or 4 copies of each.

Why do they for example not sell every Lumia phone, Microsoft/Nokia dumbphone in stores unlocked.

The biggest ones that I could think of were/are the Lumia 520/21, 640 & 1320 you could find a carrier version but never unlocked in the USA. The At&t Lumia 520, T-Mobile Lumia 521, At&t Lumia 640, the T-Mobile lumia 640 for about 1 and 1/2 months and a few unlocked phones from Blu. They added the 640XL Unlocked months after it came out why not from the start ?

The 1320 which was basically nowhere except for Cricket stores.

An unlocked 640 can not be found in the USA. Plus the many more phones Microsoft has made or Nokia sold. Considering the crap with the T-Mobile 640 why didn't they just decide to carry the Unlocked version of the phone.

Whats the point of making the phones if you are not going to sell them in your own store ? You have a better chance of finding a unicorn or thunderbird in the wild than a unlocked Microsoft phone in a store.
I'm guessing this has to do with agreements and conditions with U.S. carriers :/ I do agree that it would be great if the 640 was sold unlocked, but sadly, we can't do much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss