You bought a Lumia 950 or 950 XL; would you, in hindsight, prefer to own the opposite and why?

mikewarner

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Waiting to see the Lumia 950 and 950 XL in real life before deciding which phone to buy.

As such, the above question is relevant and I'm intrigued to know if any of you 950/XL users would have preferred to have had the other model and why?

Last edited by a moderator:

Aaron Graves

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
As a disclaimer, I have seen the 950XL in person only once, it was briefly several weeks ago at a Microsoft store (before they pulled the demo units).

However, just last week I did see the 640XL up close and personal, and being the same size, I think it's a great looking device but maybe a bit big for me. Personally, the 950 is just the right size for me to hold and still (somewhat) use single handedly.

I will say, however, that I liked the 950XL while I was playing with it in store, and could probably get used to it. A while back I did consider getting the 1520 which is even bigger.

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: If you bought a Lumia 950 XL would you, in hindsight, prefer to own a Lumia 950 and why?

I'm not sure you can really know unless you buy or handle both.

John M Beauchemin

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm perfectly happy with my 950. My last phone was an iPhone 5, which compared to the 950 is very small. I tried the XL in the MS store in Oct and I thought it was extremely large. Way too large for me, so I decided to get the 950 instead. Even the 950 is huge compared to the iPhone5, and I am still getting used to maneuvering around such a large device. So, no regrets, here. I would definitely recommend waiting to hold both of them together, if you have the patience.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: If you bought a Lumia 950 XL would you, in hindsight, prefer to own a Lumia 950 and why?

No regrets after three days with it; I love the size, and my 4.5" 1020 seems puny by comparison. I'm keeping the 1020 in service, though, without the SIM to have an alt device for camera, news, social media, spotify, navigation, gps activity tracking, wake up alarm backup, etc.Maybe just leave at home or work--haven't decided.

DCProjMgr

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No effing way. The 950 already is painful to use. I love what the phone can do; I hate the way it feels. Who was the genius at Microsoft that thought the small version should be nearly 3 inches wide?

Aaron Graves

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
The 950XL is actually smaller than the 640XL in every dimension. The only spec they have in common is screen size.

Good to know. When I saw the 640XL they didn't have the 950XL demo unit anymore so I couldn't compare, however I (falsely) assumed that since the screen size was the same the phones were essentially the same size. So thank you for that!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Threads Merged.

User... Do not create multiple threads on your issue. It actually works against you as any advice gets scattered around and a coherent conversation cannot develop as easily...

Thread moved to appropriate area.

Title and first post edited for clarity.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss